Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tims Ford Slab

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tims Ford Slab

Hey Fatboy, Several people told me that someone caught a 4lb 4oz blacknose on Tims last week. Have you heard about it. I have caught some monsters on Tims since I been fishing it, I knew a HAWG would be caught there pretty soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that would be a slab.. I hope to catch one that size some day. Would love to have a 4 and 3 mounted on one piece of drift wood.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Eric, heard about it today. Believe it when I see it myself personally. I don't doubt that there are several 3 pounders in there, but I haven't heard about but just a very very few 4 pounders ever caught anywhere. Never can tell though. I will keep my ears open for anymore info about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Pardon my ignorance, but what are you referring to as a blacknose?
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

There have been several discussions about blaknose crappe on here. Do a search and you should get a great explanation and pictures.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation "bumpers" ...

Quote Originally Posted by stumpbumpers
    Pardon my ignorance, but what are you referring to as a blacknose?
    A "Blacknose" is a Black Crappie with a black stripe running from under the "chin" - up between the eyes - to the beginning of the dorsal fin. Arkansas Blacknose Black Crappie are the origins of most all "Blacknose" ... they are just a Black Crappie with a variant coloration gene. They occur naturally in a small portion of the White River (Ark). They were originally used by Fish & Game Biologists, to stock small waters, as a testing agent ... because they could be recognized apart from the indiginous fish of those waters. Their success with these fish, for stocking/testing purposes, led them to offer them as "stock" fish ... and have been introduced into many different waters. Flooded stock ponds have also added them into several other waterways.

Picture - http://tnfish.org/Photogallery/FishG...sNegus_jpg.htm

another pic -

........... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the explaination. I have never heard of a blacknose, but I learn something new on here everyday. I know blacks and whites differ in character some what, So I guess the blacknose would also.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

I had never heard of these either until I saw the pictures on this website - must not be common in NC
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Blacknose are mostly what we catch in Lake Monticello, in S.E. Arkansas, real scrappy fish!

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

That is a new one for me too.

Gonefission
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast