Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tri-lake DNR Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tri-lake DNR Forum

Last year I attended a town hall style meeting at the Taney Center south of Hollister near Bull Shoals for an question/answer period and biologist presentation on the condition of Table Rock, Taneycomo and Bull Shoals. Has anyone heard if they are doing this again this year?
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

that is still sort of undecided because they are re-structuring the way they deal with the public (in a good way!) call either your local conservation headquarters or email the question to the department through their website.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx Fryguy. I'm trying to get a report to report back to Crappie USA. They haven't decided on a Regional location for Region 4 and I'd like to see the report to verify if the Crappie Population is sustaining on Table Rock.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

have you read the "fishing prospects on select missouri lakes and rivers 2006"? it has a section that talks about crappie and table rock. it is put out by conservation department, it is the results of yearly fish sampling. get it online and at your local MDC office for free.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Musta missed that one. I'll look it up.

Thanx!
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke with Matt Mauck at MDC in Ozark about the Electro Shock Reports and overall fishery report from 2005 for Bull Shoals, Table Rock Lake and Taneycomo.

The report is not complete as the individual that puts the report together left recently. They are filling the vacancy and will complete the report when the vacancy is filled. This is the reason they have not had the town meeting like last year.

Preliminary results indicate the Crappie population is still excellent, but MDC expects a fall off from the phenominal recruitment year they had a few years ago. Fishing pressure and natural mortality will cause a slow decline over the next few years unless this year produces another bunker spawn.

Let's hope the Weather, Water Levels and Fish Cooperate. :D
    Standing in the Gap