Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cedar Creek Lake - 3/11/06 - Report to follow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cedar Creek Lake - 3/11/06 - Report to follow

Hi guys.

I'm going to Cedar Creek Lake tomorrow. Anyone been on Cedar Creek so far this year? If so, any recommendations for locations? lures? etc?

This will be mostly a scouting trip, as I haven't been in a lot of places on the lake yet, but hopefully I'll get to catch a few.

I'll post a report on the day when I get back tomorrow night.
    All in all you're just another fish on my wall.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Report

Well, got to the lake at around 12:15, got on the water with no problem. The water temp. was very close to 50 in most places. Talked with the guy at the Pro Bass Shop and he said a 20" bass had been caught from the lake that morning. Said he had been catching crappie very shallow, so apparently they are trying their best to start spawning at Cedar Creek.

Around 1 o'clock, still no bites on minnows, it starts thundering and stuff, so we get ready to leave. A torrential downpour starts and the wind gets horrible, so, about 30 minutes later, I finally get the boat loaded and I'm completely soaking wet. I think I will listen to the weather reports next time.

Well, on the way back down on I-75, it had started to clear up, so we decided to go to Wood's Creek. When we got there, there were boats everywhere. Apparently they were having a bass tournament or something, and the wind was starting to pick up, so we just came on home figuring it was going to storm there, too.

NEVER being one to give up, I go to the local "crick" after I get home and fish for about 2 hours. I didn't catch a thing, but at least I got to try my new crappie rig out a little bit. The thing sure casts good, but I haven't been able to reel a fish in on it yet.

Oh well, better luck next time.

KyNitroJeff Guest

Default Cedar Creek Lake

Started myself to drop in at Cedar Creek but the wind starting blowing like crazy and the storm crowds were moving in so I stayed at home for some yard work. Are there any keepers in Cedar Creek yet?

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Limit was moved down to 9" on craps this year, and the tackle shop guy said he had caught a few this year, so, I guess so.