Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT- General

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drinking

This is going to be a strange post to most, but being the person I am I felt better to start here since the people on this forum are so good and understanding.

I have recently come to a point in my life where the alcohol has really taken over. I didnt fish much last year with an excuse that I was to busy. Then I lied to POPOP saying I was to busy to make the second drop. The real reality is that I have become a DRUNK (or drunker than I already was)

I am not realy sure why I am posting this, but for some reason I feel I need to....

Tight Lines all

Post Thanks / Like

Contact AA. I have a friend who goes there regularly and he has become the fellow I knew he was.....

Post Thanks / Like

I am no therapist but I do know the first step is admitting you have a problem. I was a party drinker 6-7 days a week 16 years ago. I was lucky and
    just quit cold turkey. I helped an uncle quit and it was a hard thing to watch the withdrawals that he had to endure. I am sure there are more on this
    board with experience and some more helpful advice than I can give! Right now you need family or friends to help and I will pray that you get the help
    that you need! I also bet Popop will forgive you!
    Early to bed…early to rise…fish all day…make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. i am already in AA but my hard head wont do what they say,,,,,My only cure has always been the water....

Post Thanks / Like

You have came to a turning point in your life,I been there,done the same ,made the same excuses,You realize you have a problem,being man enough to admitt took guts,next step is to get help,you can do that,The last 23 years of my life has been the greatest,Its hard for a man to do anything with one hand,the other is always holding a drink or a beer can.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen brothers. Been where you are and feeling your pain. The first step is admitting you have a problem and you've already done that. Good luck my friend. AA works.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations brother you've got the first big step out of the way. I don't know anything much about you... but I know for a FACT
    you have positioned yourself just right for a miracle to happen in your life.

You've already said you can't do it alone... thanks for sharing your need with us and confiding in us to give you some support... but have
    you considered turning your life over to Someone who can deliver you from ANYTHING??? You are by no means alone. He is always knocking
    at the door of your heart... all you have to do is open the door and let Him in... He promises to lift you up like nothing or no one else can.

May God place His hand on you my brother and let you know that He is ALWAYS there for you. AMEN.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

Bigfishlilpond,
    It was a big step forward in admitting your addiction but you also need to accept the fact you have this addiction and that you want things to change for yourself. None of us could ever know what caused this or why this problem started but you can be assured you do have the support of most members in your efforts to control this.

I'm not an expert but would suggest you need to remember the good person you were before you started drinking and all the good things you enjoyed before alcohol began to control your life. I think your post is your way of admitting that you realize you have this problem but your not sure where to turn or how to begin to change things for the better.

It's probably very scary thinking about how you will cope and make it without using alcohol and AA may be the best answer, at least it is a good place to help you make that first step towards a new start. There will be days you will succeed and I'm sure days you will fail but your not being judged and with the proper encouragement and support from others, and a honest and sincere effort on your part you will find yourself again!

Seek the positive support of friends and family and disassociate yourself from those that are enabling your addiction and places and surroundings that you have become familiar with during your drinking days.

My sincerest hopes and prayers go out to you with the belief you can and will win this battle.

Thank you for considering us your friends.

Kim

Post Thanks / Like

Knowing that you are talking about your problem lets me know that you don't want to be in this situation any longer,I know a Man who also can deliver you from alcohol and anything else you need help with and the best thing about it, he's a spirit and will always be with you (his name is Jesus).Real talk I have a brother that was delivered from alcohol,but he also had to do a year in Prison (dui's) so before you mess up your life any worse or even someone else's do whatever it takes, if you need someone to talk to or even get you out of the house for a fishing trip I'm offering gladly.You can beat this and we will be here to help! I'll be praying for you.

Post Thanks / Like

We're here for you.
    I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast