Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jordan or High Rock

Mike H. Guest

Default Jordan or High Rock

I was thinking of going to Jordan or High Rock on Saturday, but have never fished either one. Does anyone know how either one is currently for crappie? Are the fish still spawning or postspawn. Any info would be appreciated.

slab_seeker Guest

I hav'nt been on High Rock since last Sat.
    The crappie, mostly small, were anywhere from the treetops on the bank to brushpiles 25' deep. They liked minnows and cotton candy colored panfish assassins. Start in the treetops first, early, then after the sun gets up good back off to the brushpiles. That's about all the help I can give you for now, hope it helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H.
    I was thinking of going to Jordan or High Rock on Saturday, but have never fished either one. Does anyone know how either one is currently for crappie? Are the fish still spawning or postspawn. Any info would be appreciated.
    Fished high rock last sunday caught about 50 fish only 9 keepers - 1 slab
    (1 3/4 lbs.) used chartreus jigs

fished jordan on Friday afternoon - caught about 30 babies no keppers - caught about a dozen good bream on a yellow roostertail
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike H.
    I fished jordan last friday night. caught fish under lights near farrington point. ( its the only public N C Wildlife ramp on the lake) I was fishing over about 20 ft of water but the fish came up under the lights to about 3 ft. we got about 60 in a couple hours and then our lights crapped out on us and we had to leave early. I reccomend Jordan highly if your after good numbers of fish. Good luck !!