Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville today 4/6

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville today 4/6

First trip out and didn't catch a fish. I know they will be biting soon. It was a great day to be on the water. Fished upriver, main lake brush piles, Camp branch side and the dam.
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

keeferfish is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

From my past experience Smithville is always a late bloomer. Mother’s day to Memorial day will be the best part of the Spring bite, then dip the trees. Just best to stay away this time of year. Better luck next time and hey look at the bright side, at least you got out and next time you can’t catch any less.

Post Thanks / Like

We went out Sunday with the same luck, only 35 mph winds. It's nice to get out, the fish will come soon...
    Work so I can fish and fish so I can survive work.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    From my past experience Smithville is always a late bloomer. Mother’s day to Memorial day will be the best part of the Spring bite, then dip the trees. Just best to stay away this time of year. Better luck next time and hey look at the bright side, at least you got out and next time you can’t catch any less.
    I noticed that last year ,although I did waste allot of time last April catch hundreds of short black crappie when they were spawning . I believe the black crappie are stunted in that lake . I caught over 100 one day and only had a few keepers . It was fun for a while , then it got a little aggravating trying to locate keepers . I found some new areas last year that I plan on trying this spring . There are some good keeper white crappie that can be caught early in the spring . I found a good mess last month .