Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: any suggetions for holding up the boat...

Post Thanks / Like

Default any suggetions for holding up the boat...

In 40 plus MPH wind...We're having some storms move thru from the South that are just nothing but WIND, WIND and more WIND. Was supposed to fish yesterday and today but can't get out past the 3 foot swells breaking over the boat ramps.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Clearlake last w/e and saw the same conditions. "Held" the boat right there on the trailer and munched our "Kentucky Fried" behind a wall while watching some "diehards" pestering crappie and BG's from the awash docks.
    .....lee s.

Post Thanks / Like

i went out yesterday in my 14' jon boat in the wind. it was blowing about 15-20 with gusts over 25. it really gave my 46# minn kota quite a workout. if a gust hit the boat just right i got spun around in the opposite direction. and i would drift a long way if i wasnt paying attention to where i was. i didnt really want to go out in the wind but i wanted to find out how my boat would get along in the wind. i definately know now.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a big trolling motor or have Fatboy be your anchor man. Trust me, he can handle an anchor...ha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"