Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kankakee River

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kankakee River

I wasn't after crappie but there is some awefull good looking places for them in the river bayous!!!! I caught 8 largemouth on a surface lure today though!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, have you been down to La Salle in the Black Oak and White Oak bayous??? I want to try the Grand Marsh area of the river. It has been 7-8 years since I was in that area.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bayous

Rock, I have not fished the bayous that you mention but I know where they are and am planning to hit them this spring. Have you ever fished for crappie in them? I've heard they are good for bass but I'll bet crappie too.

Here's another pic of another fish from today....

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I was on Black Oak was 4-5 years ago. We caught 23 crappie one day and 7 were over 10 inches. Also caught 2 bass and a northern. There are lots of stick ups and brush in there. The duck hunters love that stuff in there. I had plans to buy a river boat this spring but I might have to put that off. If I do though I'll be there. If not, I'll have my deep V on Bass Lake, Bruce Lake, and Manitou crappie fishin, and Lake Mich coho and perch fishin.

Boy I bet the water is WAY up now. It'll be great northern fishing in about 2-3 days.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished black oak yesterday and the marsh last thursday. black oak was incredibly shallow and those tree stumps are everywhere. You need a shallow bottom boat or a jon boat to manuver in there, don't even think about using an outboard. I've fished the marsh quite a bit with good success. Heading to horseshoe bend today. Good luck.
    I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

this is a bass i caught at black oak yesterday, there were all kinds of small probably 2 inch bluegill.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass

I caught this bass on the Kankakee River yesterday. I did try to crappie fish a little around some down trees but no luck. I'll bet they are there!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default white oak?

i know where black oak is. can someone tell me where white oak is.
    i havnt fished there yet,ive just heard its off of 41 about a mile.
    im still working on my boat getting it ready.
    should be ready after the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to fish LaSalle to State Line area about 15 years ago. I am trying to remember why I quit.