Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dad and I are going to Okeechobee any tips?

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Dad and I are going to Okeechobee any tips?

Well me and the ole' man are leaving for the big "O" Saturday 03/11/06. We're taking our boat, and plan on "wingin it." No guide, so ANY HELP or Tips WOULD BE APPRECIATED. We're staying at Buckhead RV Marina Resort.
    "Dats.........uhh......NO-ICE.........FUSH!"

-Al Linder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big O

A friend of mine just returned and they caught most of their fish at night fishing the main river at Okeechobee city. He said they caught some trolling the river banks during the day, but mostly fishing around the bridge at night was most productive. He said that the hurricanes had destoyed the grass beds out in the lake. Indian praire had a little bit and they caught a few. good luck and enjoy fishing with your dad. Memories are forever!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. Last time we were there, we had trouble finding the fish. We were told to clear out a spot by running a circle in some of the "water Cabbage" and fish our home-made hole. It produced some fish, but not many. After a couple of days doing this, it got really boring. We just followed the mass of boats whereever they went. Tried to find out how deep they were catching them with binoculars.
    "Dats.........uhh......NO-ICE.........FUSH!"

-Al Linder