Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: pen fishing rods: input needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default pen fishing rods: input needed

Hey guise, I need to know if I should get that pen fishing rod from gofastandlight.com. anyone have a rod?

Post Thanks / Like

sorry guys, i meant that this rod is 17.89 for combo and 11.95 regular.
    coleman type pen rod seen on tv worlds smallest ebay-Go Fast and Light

Post Thanks / Like

You can get a better outfit for not that much more. Also, that rod is very short -- about 3'. You'll have a harder time hooking fish with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm no stranger to cheap outfits, because my arsenal is made up out of them!! I intend to use it for jiging of q vertical standpoint. With the shorter rod length, that means that I'd have to reel up and set the hook instead of just setting the hook. There's no way I'm going to fall for that other "compact fishing rod" that issee on tv all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

bump. i still need to know more.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Johnny,

There are bigger & stronger Pen Fishing Rods that come with much better quality reels made by the original Pen Fishing Rod & leading distributor, manufacturers penfishingrods.com. Their model the Pen Rod Extreme is 57" or 4' 9" and the Pen Rod Goliath is 63" or 5' 3" compared to all other Pen Rods available in the world which are merely 3' or 36". The guides are made of titanium oxide & each one has an aluminum oxide insert pressed in at 100 PSI. The reels come in a variety of rear drag i.e. the MX15 A made out of aluminum, stainless steel & graphite, MX15 G which is popular amongst hikers for its light weight & the MX15 AA which is all aluminum & stainless steel. They also have 2 different bait casters. One is the Extreme Bait Caster made of anodized aluminum, brass, stainless steel & a smaller more common non castable version. There's a Front Drag & a small Fly Reel as well. If you're worried about quality, just look them up on youtube.com & you will see over 100 videos made by happy customers from all over the globe catching a variety of species of fish ranging from just 1 lb like this video Rainbow Trout all the way to the current world record 18lb fish in this video Big Carp on a Pen Fishing Rod. Price is something that drives a lot of customers in this economy & the folks at Penfishingrods.com understand this. That's why they offer a limited 1 year manufacturer's warranty and cheap replacements for previous customers so they are never left with a damaged rod or reel. They are helpful, courteous & very knowledgeable when it comes to Micro Light Tackle. If you have any questions, just email the President & CEO at [email protected]. Trust me, he is a great guy and deals with all the customers or any issues they might have personally!
    Last edited by Penfishingrods; 04-17-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: signature photo doesn't work

Post Thanks / Like

My .02; just go and buy a little ultralite for about $20, they always work fine for me.
    Last edited by Rapala#1; 04-17-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    When in doubt, set the hook.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that 99.9% of the people who offer their .02c for anything, never owned the product they're weighing in on, so you have to take them at their value, just .02c.

Here's the Pen Rods falling apart while slamming large mouth bass.
    BASS gone WILD by Penfishingrods.com™ 1
    YouTube - BASS gone WILD by Penfishingrods.com
    BASS gone WILD by Penfishingrods.com™ 2
    YouTube - BASS gone WILD by Penfishingrods.com 2
    BASS gone WILD by Penfishingrods.com™ 3
    YouTube - BASS gone WILD by Penfishingrods.com 3

Here's an 18 lb carp tearing apart a Pen Fishing Rod
    YouTube - BIG Carp with Penfishingrods.com
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-18-2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason: negative connotation removed