Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: logan martin lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default logan martin lake

anybody crappie fished logan martin lake lately.
    i fished a couple hours on friday and caught some nice slabs didn't fill up the boat but still some nice fish almost all of them were black and none of the fish had eggs in them does that mean that it is almost over for daylight fishing what do ya'll think about it they were still in 8 ft water around cover.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama. I sometimes fish the area behind what used to be the Big Bull Motel and also the Riverside area. The best fishing times are still 6:30 am tp 11:00 am and again 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm so go and fish. I am usually shore fishing. Another good area is right up the road at Neely Henry Lake. Have a great time on the water. The most important thing is to have confidence in what you are doing.

Semper FI. "All gave some.....some gave all." I was USAF Captain, Vietnam era.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont know why you would think daylight fishing would be over, we catch them all year long during the daylight. Once they spawn they just move out to deeper water.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Riverside, and Cleeer Creek (bout 15 miles down from Logan Matin Dam) I have had good success with the Bobby Garland baby shad. Yes they were hittin during the day. It stops around 2-5pm But from morning to 1:30-2 it's good fishing. I have been lucky to run up on big schools of small sized shad. 1-3" shad. And I just ride it out. Catfishin has been awesome too.