Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappieseeker, i can stand it if you can

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappieseeker, i can stand it if you can

Going to nights tomorrow night because i bid into a new department. Our contract says that we can only re-rack, that is pick jobs by seniority once a year on January 1st, so for right now i have to go to nights until then , but once January 1st rolls around, i will be top dog and back to days i go. Anyways, being a fellow 12 hour shift worker, wanna go fishing some in the mornings? I can stand it if you can, but we can't always go to Tims. Have to work with me, but by working nights, i don't lose as much daylight so i can pressure wash one in the morning or fish in the morning. Which one do you think i will pick? Surely a young, slender fellow like yourself can hang with this old woreout fatboy. C'mon, having a little fun here, but i am serious. A few hours fishing might help me sleep better in the day time. I worked the rotating for 10 and a half years. That is work days, off , work nights off, work days, etc. My routine then as in now will be don't sleep the first day before nights, sleep all day , work nights, stay up all day, then work nights, then stay up all day. I feel like sh*t either ways, so might as well do something i enjoy. Let me know. Take care. Hope you get Mama talked into that boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I can relate

Fatboy I know tou were not addressing me but, I totaly relate to the 12 hour rotation. I worked straight 3rd shift for 10 years 10.00pm to 7:ooam and my friends said that it would kill me. Let me tell you. It was a walk in the park compared to my new schedule. 6:00am to 6:30pm for 2 or 3 days then 6:oopm to 6:30am for 2 or 3 days. We rotate every 3 days Only get two weekends a month off with days off in the middle of the week. I actually prefer to fish through the middle of the week rather than weekends. I have been on this rotation for 5 years and I sometimes think I won't live to see tha age of 50
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I have worked 12 hour rotating shifts for the past 10 years, I guess I'm use to it. I work every weekend. One weekend I work 7 am to 7:30 pm. The next weekend I work 6:45 pm to 7:15 am. I have been on that rotation for a year now. Alot of guys hate that schedule, I myself enjoy it, I get to fish during the week when there is less pressure on the water. Fatboy as much as I would love to go with you, I cant. My wife works on the weekends also, so when I'm home during the day, I keep our daughter while my wife works. When I am working at night, she keeps her. She liked the boat I want, she even wanted me to get a bigger one. I dont wanna go overboard, so I'm gonna stay reasonable. I use to go fishing in the mornings and work at night, but right now situation wont allow it. I say we do a reality thing on here and like the tv series wife swap, we do job swap, I'm switching with Jerry Blake.

Post Thanks / Like

My schedule is 7:00 until 7:30. I work monday and tuesday then off wednesday and thursday then work friday saturday and sunday,then off monday tuesday and work wednesday thursday then off friday saturday and sunday. Pros and cons to it , but after soon be 15 years, don't think i would like a five day eight hour a day job. But these shifts sure are hard on a man, but i agree with crappieseeker, i like the days off in the middle of the week. Plus i can pressure wash on off days and still drop the kids off and pick them up at school.

www.dspressurewashing.com