Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finder issues

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finder issues

I posted this in the electronics but thought I would get more info here. I took the all the electronics out of the boat for the winter and finally got around to putting them back in yesterday. I hooked up my Lowrance X-135 to the bow and as soon as I hooked the power up it came on. I turned it off but about 5 seconds later it came back on. I tried several times to turn it off but still comes right back on. Any tips or ideas on what might be wrong????
    Mike Perry

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you holding the power button in for at least 3 sec when turning off?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

If Bill's suggestion does not work, you can try to unplug it, sometimes cycling power fixes some strange things. Other than that, it may be a stuck button. That's all that immediately comes to mind. I suppose you could put a switch in the power line and just switch power on and off to the unit. That would cost far less than either a repair or a replacement... Hope Bill's tip is the fix though!

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried holding it down longer to see if that helps but still doing the same thing. The only thing I can think of would be a short somewhere but I'm not sure if that would even cause it. It did fine last year. I even went through the menu to see if I could find a setting for it but nothing. Thanks for the help guys. I might have to do what Loun says. I will check for a stuck button but if the button was stuck would it turn off at all?
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mperry View Post
    I have tried holding it down longer to see if that helps but still doing the same thing. The only thing I can think of would be a short somewhere but I'm not sure if that would even cause it. It did fine last year. I even went through the menu to see if I could find a setting for it but nothing. Thanks for the help guys. I might have to do what Loun says. I will check for a stuck button but if the button was stuck would it turn off at all?
    Good point, stuck, not so likely, if broken though, yes it could. If a spring is sprung it could be it will no longer hold in the OFF position, etc. The easy way to deal with it would be an external switch.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe time to talk the old lady into letting me upgrade. Thumbs Up
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mperry View Post
    Maybe time to talk the old lady into letting me upgrade. Thumbs Up
    I know better than to get involved in that decision!:D

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Had the same thing on Eagle 500C for a couple of years. Tis spring got mad and went to pushing power button in hard and it went to working. I am guessing button was sticking or something in that key pad or unplugging and plugging in reset something. I had planned to instal a toggel switch on dash and run it through that. Lot cheaper than new unit. But incase you talk mom into new one share your secret on here
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I had same problem with aan Eagle unit. Turned out that i had a loose, corroded power connection at the fuse panel. each time the power would recycle on in the panel the unit would start automatically, turn off and restart over and over. after cleaning the bad connection, the unit works perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

Where could I find the external switches and any idea what they are called? I looked online at Bass Pro but did not see anything like that.
    Thanks for all the help fellas.
    Mike Perry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast