Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny thing about those Truman Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funny thing about those Truman Crappie

They taste just like Stockton Crappie after a grease bath! Thumbs Up Nothing like a fresh mess of Crappie for dinner.

Post Thanks / Like

You forgot 2 tell me what time supper was.

Post Thanks / Like

Bender I hope the Stockton fish don't find out you been cheatin on them!:D Buzzy and I will never tellThumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your good supper buddy.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

polebender good thing u got a mess from truman u could starve off stockton right now. i know it is going to change but me and the old lady are headed to truman this week for my birthday and maybe catch some slabs....never been there but going to give it a try.....
    Crappie,turkey and mushrooms Great American Food

Post Thanks / Like

We cooked up a bunch also this evening Tom. Thing I was surprised about yesterday was how "white" those crappie were yesterday when they came out of the lake. Man, just no color at all. OSS asked why I was leaving the livewell lids open and I told him so those fish could get a tan. It really didn't take them no time at all to get some color to them. I caught one fish and Monty said "nice black". I said "whatever". As usual he just shook his head and said count the fins. Of course he was right. It was a black, but man I would have never guessed it because it just didn't have any color to it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you enjoyed them :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WantinCrappie View Post
    We cooked up a bunch also this evening Tom. Thing I was surprised about yesterday was how "white" those crappie were yesterday when they came out of the lake. Man, just no color at all. OSS asked why I was leaving the livewell lids open and I told him so those fish could get a tan. It really didn't take them no time at all to get some color to them. I caught one fish and Monty said "nice black". I said "whatever". As usual he just shook his head and said count the fins. Of course he was right. It was a black, but man I would have never guessed it because it just didn't have any color to it.
    LOL. Sounds like when you pull them from the depths in the middle of winter. Just shy of looking dead, bugs me a bit. But they fry up just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

We had crappie twice this weekend....... agree, it don't get no better. Glad you fellas got into them. Congrats!
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

they all taste fishey to me, glad you got a mess and had a well almost good time. hope you get another mess. save some for me please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast