Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NightStalking Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default NightStalking Question

How many submersible lights should one use for night stalking? One, Two? And can you hook the submersible lights and a spot light to the same battery?
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

use enough to draw in the bait fish ,2 or3 work good.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I only have one submersible and also use a lantern in the boat. I don't sink the light all the way down. I only put mine down about 5 ft or so. If the water is calm, I'll leave it on the surface so I can use the light to see my rod tips and line.

Yes you can run a spot light and drop light off the same battery.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

From my experience night fishing, all that is required is an "el cheapo" clamp-on work light ($5.99 at Wal-Mart) with a 12V bulb...cut the 115v plug off and replace with battery clamps....point it over the side of the boat so it shines into the water, but doesn't glare back at you...it will throw off enough glow to allow you to see what you're doing.....and illuminate your bobbers...all the while drawing baitfish to the surface (and bugs to the boat)...LOL....I've tried the expensive submersible lights and haven't noticed an appreciable difference in the quality/quantity of my catches...just my personal opinion...as the Romans used to say: "de gustibus non est disputantum" (there is no disputing one's tastes)...

Bushrod

Post Thanks / Like

I mount my light to a 10 ft cedar pole to push it away from the boat. It gives you more room to fish around it.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Generally there are two of us fishing at night so we use 2 submersibles. If I go alone I still use two. If I'm only fishing for a couple hours as in the middle of the week I sometimes will use 3 submersibles if there is 3 of us fishing. I also use two clamp on work lights with 12 v. bulbs clamped to a pole overhead so we can see good in the boat. I have two deep cycle batteries wired in parallel which keeps the draw on the batteries even making the lights last longer. When I'm ready to leave I stow away my fishing lights and hook my spotlite to the same batteries. Four hours of fishing and I've had no problems with batteries.....yet.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman
    Generally there are two of us fishing at night so we use 2 submersibles. If I go alone I still use two. If I'm only fishing for a couple hours as in the middle of the week I sometimes will use 3 submersibles if there is 3 of us fishing. I also use two clamp on work lights with 12 v. bulbs clamped to a pole overhead so we can see good in the boat. I have two deep cycle batteries wired in parallel which keeps the draw on the batteries even making the lights last longer. When I'm ready to leave I stow away my fishing lights and hook my spotlite to the same batteries. Four hours of fishing and I've had no problems with batteries.....yet.
    12 v bulbs that you use what are the watt's may I ask... Thanks...
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish_detective
    12 v bulbs that you use what are the watt's may I ask... Thanks...
    the ones i use are 50 watt. thats the only size ive been able to find em in.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

My fishing buddy and I are rebuilding my boat this weekend. Would like to hear some suggestions on rigging up lighting in and out of the boat for night fishing.

Lots of bugs down here during the spring and summer and the lake I fish is usually stained to slightly muddy.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    the ones i use are 50 watt. thats the only size ive been able to find em in.
    Yea, same here. 50 watts is what Walmart carries here. :D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast