Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Navionics android app?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Navionics android app?

Looking for reviews from guys who have used this app. Any replies will be helpful. Thanks in advance.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Its OK. My droid seems to lock up every now and then with it. When Im using it my battery doesnt last too long though, esp in the cold.
    If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what's baby oil made from?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the West Lakes version. Works fine on my rooted Droid X. Doesn't support horizontal orientation, though. It's a nice app, if it has a lot of the lakes in your area. Check the list of lakes on the web site before you buy.

Also, keep in mind that the app downloads about 150 megs of data after you install. Since the refund period is only 15 minutes, make sure you are on a fast connection, or you may not be able to get your money back if it doesn't work on your phone.
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the iphone version, but would assume that it is the same Navionics Moble app platform. Don't use it much when fishing, but is great when having a conversation with someone to be able to view lake or river maps. When someone tries to explain where to go, its nice to have them look at the map, and zoom in to the exact spot. Mark it, and make notes.

Also found it handy when a couple of buddies were going to meet up with us on a night trip. When they called from the ramp to find out where we were on the river, (catfishing) I sent the GPS coordinates, as a text, and they were able to come straight to us, from about 8 river miles away, and made the cut into the exact slough we were in. Sure was nice to not have to pull anchors and go lead them in.

One downside is that updates require a complete download of the program, doesn't just add the update. I sync last thing at night, set it and forget it. Usually 20 min. here in the woods, on slow DSL.
    "Hello, My name is Bill, and I'm a tackleholic"

Post Thanks / Like

Well worth the money in my opinion. It has great maps of all the main lakes here in Mid TN. Just as good as the ones on my HB 998 and I paid over 100 bucks for the plotter card. Nice for viewing the maps at home if you don't have the pc viewer software for the map chip. Using it on a Droid X.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I believe I'm going to try it out. I will report back and let you guys know how it works for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine works great, just sucks up a lot of bettery

Post Thanks / Like

Waste of money, I had high expectations but was very disappointed, just my opinion though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappiecrazy fireman View Post
    Waste of money, I had high expectations but was very disappointed, just my opinion though
    What didn't you like about it?