Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: biggest fish spider-rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default biggest fish spider-rigging

Well, I've read posts about other fish you catch while spider-rigging and now I'm happy to add my 2 cents. While fishing with my son the other day a 6lb 9oz catfish found my minnow tipped jig irresistible. After him fighting me and me fighting him along with several rods being wound together, we finally netted him. Even though it was the wrong species, it sure was a heck of a lot of fun. We ended up bringing home 18 crappie, 2 stripe and one catfish. A good day on the water and memories made.

Post Thanks / Like

catfish can screwup some spiderrigging for sure,they have tangled me up a few times ,but fun on a 12ft rod.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I caught a 17 pound catfish on 6 pound line and a 11 ft. rod while practicing for a crappie usa tourn. Took about 20 min. to get him in but was alot of fun most of the time I try to break the line or bend the hook to keep from making a mess of everything

Post Thanks / Like

10+ drum
    10+ catifsh
    2 1/2 lb crappie.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was a 21 pound catfish in early febuary. I though I had state record bass for just a minute, then quickly realized it was a catfish.

Post Thanks / Like

I was trolling 4 poles out the front with jigs and nibbles on 1/24/06 and this guy hit one of the middle pole, don't know how he didn't tangle me up. Was 25 lbs 2 ozs on my new digital scales. Lucky he was on braid.

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Badbrad

The only thing that would've made that experience better is if your son would've hooked him. Maybe he'll get his chance next time.I'm sure he had a blast watching you bring it in and catching some crappie to boot. Happy fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I'm going to win this thread. Back in October me and a member of my crappie club went over to Chotard lake which is an oxbow off the MS river. We caught a 42 lb big head carp on a Wally Marshall trolling pole. The pole was rigged with a spinning reel spooled with 8 lb lStren line. We thought we may have had a state or even a world record but we missed it by several pounds. It took 45 minutes to land the cow! I have some pictures and will try to post later. They need to be re-sized.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB