Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MINN KOTA Powerdrive info.

Post Thanks / Like

Default MINN KOTA Powerdrive info.

I have at one or two boat dealers if the AutoPilot could be added to a Power Drive an was told you could not. Today on the way to BPS I stoped at a Minn Kota service center an ask them. The man said sure no problem. About $200 can get it done next week. Hope this will help if any of you have the same?.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably change the ciruit board inside the head and the top so you have the button to turn it on. Makes sense to me.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that surprises me. I once fried the circuit board in an autopilot, and they wanted $200.00 just for the board. Then you would need the compass part and the labor. I hope they didn't think you meant the co pilot option. That runs about $150.00, and you can do it yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

They told me I would need the board, compass, clamps for the wires an a new decal for the top. Ask if I could install the parts he said I could but they would have to do the set up after the install. I told them they could do it all.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It has to be calibrated with a volt meter after install. I've got the instructions for the newer models somewhere.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va