Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counting Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Counting Fish

What do you guys use to count fish? I have had a 2-3 days were I caught over a 100 fish and many over 40 but never really kept count and seldom do I keep fish to eat either but recently started getting rigged to keep track and never though about asking you guys how you do it. I got 4 mechanical foot counters that bolt to the floor and go up to 9999, but have yet to install them and last trip I ran across another counter I had an actually liked using it. It is a golf counter made of plastic(keychain type) and costs like $2 called pro count but ist not labeled right. It is a double counter(2 counters that go to 99) one is labeled Strokes and the other is labeled Putts. I thought about relabeleing it Rob and Putz(instead of Putts) that way I can keep track of my fishing buddies fish also ;^).
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Default We use an erasable board

We attached one of those plastic bulletin boards that comes with a washable marker and keep track with hash marks, so we can tell which of us is "winning" .
    We usually only fish with one pole, never more than two (It's the law), so keeping tabs isn't a big deal. We rarely keep more than six fish - enough for a meal or two for the two of us - and release the rest. BTW, A fish has to be boated to be counted. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Default Counters

Robbor,
    Where did you find those foot counters. I would like to find something very similar to count fish. Richard Williams had two foot counters when we fished with him. He kept track of total crappie caught with one counter and number of keepers caught with the other counter. The stroke counter for golf is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by robbor
    What do you guys use to count fish? I have had a 2-3 days were I caught over a 100 fish and many over 40 but never really kept count and seldom do I keep fish to eat either but recently started getting rigged to keep track and never though about asking you guys how you do it. I got 4 mechanical foot counters that bolt to the floor and go up to 9999, but have yet to install them and last trip I ran across another counter I had an actually liked using it. It is a golf counter made of plastic(keychain type) and costs like $2 called pro count but ist not labeled right. It is a double counter(2 counters that go to 99) one is labeled Strokes and the other is labeled Putts. I thought about relabeleing it Rob and Putz(instead of Putts) that way I can keep track of my fishing buddies fish also ;^).

Post Thanks / Like

I generally use my fingers and if it goes over ten, i use my toes. Just kidding.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Counters

I lurked around on Ebay for about 5 months waiting to see these "Talley Counters", they are modular and the ones I bought were in a Bank of 4 counters, so I split them made an extra set of brackets to mount to the floor and a zeroing knob and was in business, I drooled over them in the Mcmaster catalog for along time but could not justify $40 each, I think I paid like $5 + shipping for all 4. The Golf counter I ran across on clearance at Walmart for like .50 or $1.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

vmcgill41 Guest

Default fish counter

i've come up with a fish counter that has beads and you slide a bead for each fish my husband always went over his limit too you can hook it to a zipper or to your boat it is small and convent
    Last edited by vmcgill41; 03-14-2007 at 03:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember the red clickers to keep track of grocery dollars while shopping?

Post Thanks / Like

The stroke counter with strokes and putts it a pain in the Butt. You have to click it back to 0 each time. Theres a better on that is SS and allows you to reset it back to 0 with a knob.
    I hate the stroke counter I have. As each time its hard to reset.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Joe

-----------------------------
    Still learning this crappie thing.
    -----------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I never have to have to worry about keeping count cause I never catch that many.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast