Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New To Crappie Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Question New To Crappie Fishing

Hello everybody!!!! This is my first post so please bear with me. I am trying to get started fishing for crappie & I need some of you'lls expertise on the subject. I need some suggestions on the following:
    Is there an ideal water temp for when Crappie start biting?
    minnows versus lures?
    Morning versus evening/night?
    I will be fishing a reservoir (Jackson Mississippi) & the fish are biting upstream but havet started down stream as the water is still muddy & water temp is 55.

As you can tell I am a newby & know little about the crappie game I have been bass fishing for quite some time, but since I FINALLY was able to purchase my first boat this past fall (1999 Javelin Venom) Whoooooo Hooooo!!!!!!

Anyways any suggestions or helpful hints would be greatly appreciated & if there are any other Mississippi fisherman I would to talk at length with ya about the subject & Especially about the Ross Barnett Reservoir as I havent had any luck what so ever.

Thanks for you'lls time in advance & please go easy on me :}

Post Thanks / Like

Yo, I fish the REZ.

What's the story? Where have u been fishing? Why no fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Sac-a-lait, The couple of times I have been able to go I went in Pelehatchie Bay area, One of the main reason I feel is that I am not familar with Rez. I have heard a lot about the Fannin Bluffs & Rose or maybe its Ross Bluffs & I also wish I knew more about the area around Tommy's Place.

Another reason is I have been out fishing maybe 5 times since buying my boat & it was at the end of fall & things started to really cool off.

I am at a loss & would like to get to know the Res a whole lot better & I am sure I will know it very well in a couple of years, its just frustrating getting started.

Another problem is I am new to MS & do not know anyone who knows the Res or to go fishing with besides my wife & that gets old pretty quick if you know what I mean. I would rather be fishing with buddies instead of the better half.

Anyways any suggestions you have I would greatly appreciate!!! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help with the Rez. Welcome to the site..

Post Thanks / Like

I want to say welcome to the site from Indiana.. May your fishing dreams come true.

Fish Detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcome Fish Detective!!!!