Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Welcome

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome

Welcome to Virginia Crappie Fishing. We all know Kerr Lake is the best Crappie fishing lake in the world, but I hope we can share the fustrations and experiences of fishing the Cyprus stained tidal rivers of Va.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bill.

I live over in Yorktown and do most of my pan fishing at Beaverdam Swamp and Little Creek Reservoir. I'm doing very well trolling in Beaverdam at the moment; catch around 30 crappie during a two hour trolling session in the evenings. Last week I caught a 1 pound 5 ounce shellcracker.

I think someone snuck into Little Creek and removed all of the fish. I'm not doing very well at all over there.

Keith
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Panman
    Where exactly is Beaverdam Swamp? I've fished Diascund a few times and did pretty good and suppose to go to Little Creek one of these days. I just got back from a trip to Kerr Lake. Fishing was really lousy. No one was doing much at the north end of the lake.
    Bill

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Beaverdam Swamp is the water supply for Gloucester County and is located a few miles off of Route 17 just north of the Courthouse. It is about 635 acres, shallow, and has more woody cover than you can imagine for a reservoir its size. It is also full of fish that are ready and willing to bite.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

I have been planning to make my first trip to Beaverdam soon. Did a search so I could get some reports on what to expect this time of year and found this thread. I guess this is how it all began?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishman78 View Post
    I have been planning to make my first trip to Beaverdam soon. Did a search so I could get some reports on what to expect this time of year and found this thread. I guess this is how it all began?
    This was the first post for the Va forum. C.C had been around for a few months prior.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I sure was confused when I read this thread until I saw the date on it.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion