Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any waterfowl hunters here?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any waterfowl hunters here?

I'm a die hard duck hunter myself! Just wondering if anyone else on the boards hunts for waterfowl.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

I have been trying to learn just not much luck. Something to do between deer season and fishing. I need to get more serious about it.
    Take a man hunting or fishing for a day he'll eat for a day.
    Teach a man to hunt or fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

I use to do a good bit of it in the past, but Deer season is just too long and then there's Winter fishing. I got to hunt one day this year and had a limit of Mallards and Canadians by 10:30. It was my first try at setting up decoys on a pond. I'd been hearing Ducks and Geese use this pond all season. It was like they were teasing me while I was in my stand. A week or so after the late bow season ended, it was time to take revenge!

I do have to admit, it was pretty fun not having to load a boat, break ice or slog hundreds of yards in mud carting decoys in. I just parked at the landowners barn and walked about 150 yards or so to this big pond and set up. The only problem is that I only brought along Hevi-Shot 3 inch steel BB's thinking they would work on Ducks. It didn't turn out like that, I guess there were too few pellets to get a good pattern (Carlson's modified choke). Took way more shells than it should have to get a limit. But they were deadly on the Geese!
    Last edited by OkieDon; 03-31-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I hunt every week in the season not much teal hunting as fishing is good around that time have mudboat and sevveral hundred goose and duck decoys we lug around I really like killin geese best however

Post Thanks / Like

Okie Don that sounds like my kind of hunt, EASY.

Big George where do you hunt?

Post Thanks / Like

I would be what you call a full blown addict during duck season you would be hard pressed to track me down ,, i hunt anywhere i can,, from 10 foot wide runnin creeks when everything is locked up to the big water ,ponds ,fields anywhere i think i got a chance at gettin our limits for the day

Post Thanks / Like

Everything I hunt is mostly private land along and around 412 to Verdigris river bottoms between Coweta and Wagoner

Post Thanks / Like

Been an avid waterfowler since 1980. Most of my time is spent around Texoma. Just check my signature at the bottom...I think thats what its called! Thumbs Up
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

Waterfowl hunting the 'other' addiction. Used to be a time when the fall flight would keep me up at night, wondering how many of them were sticking around. Laughing at me in my sleep, so when you hit the water you were already sleep deprived. Then I was in an accident and received a TBI which totally screwed my vision up. Used to be a shooter, now I'm a pooter. Had to give it up, now I've passed the addiction on to my oldest son, and since he was my bird-dog he had none. Now come Sun night I watch 2 souls drag their dead butts home, my son and his dog. Natural born killers them two, and I have NO REGRETS, just don't tell my son I said that. I think his group shot around 30 banded birds this year, I kid him a lot about hunting in the park, not really. I just found out this past week, that one of my last ducks I shot (3yrs ago) was a black duck. I thought it was a mallard with late summer plummage still. I've seen the waterfowl hunting really grow in leaps and bounds this past decade, used to a handful at the lake, now that's per parking area. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane guys, hope I didn't bore you to death.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Must be one hell of a flyway to kill 30 banded ducks we are lucky to kill 2 or 3 a year this year had some honkys come in and killed 2 both were banded that was a treat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast