Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wappapello

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello

Im goin to give her a go friday, saturday, n sunday. Has anyone been this week?

Post Thanks / Like

No, haven't been since Sunday. Slow for me. Four keepers in about three hours. Water may be warming up a little since then though.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got off the phone with the corps office, the guy I talked to said the fishing has been freaky good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coreymassey View Post
    Just got off the phone with the corps office, the guy I talked to said the fishing has been freaky good.
    Yup...I'd believe what a COE guy told me But I'd think by the weekend ya could catch fish on the flats.

P

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't fished since last weekend. Went Thursday and Friday evenings, Saturday morning and evening when it wasn't raining, and Sunday afternoon. Bite got a little worse for me each day in both size and #s. Only fished a couple hours on both Thurs and Fri and caught quite a few really nice fish. Sunday was a beast with a light bite and brutal wind. Caught 24 legal fish Thurs, 21 Friday, 23 Sat and 14 Sunday. I was using jigs in 7-10 fow. Got some pics but having trouble posting. Will keep trying. Good luck for all who go this weekend and report back, I won't be back over until next week sometime.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Went yesterday. We fished the Asher Creek bay area. Caught 6 nice keepers, and a zillion dinks. Water temp. was 49.6 when we started, and 54 later in the day. Caught most of the fish 15 feet deep in 18 FOW, using orange heads w/dark green bodies with flecs. Thought it was going to be a terrible day weather wise, but it turned out to be a very good day on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

fished today from otter creek to chanoia and kept 7 fish, probably threw back 25 shorts. keepers were caught 10-14' of water. 2 of them were about 9 1/2" and 5 were between 11-12". all white crappie and 2 were males. quite a few boats today and saw several people catching fish, but most were short fish. had best luck with lime green jigs today. anybody else have any luck?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earlunde View Post
    Went yesterday. We fished the Asher Creek bay area. Caught 6 nice keepers, and a zillion dinks. Water temp. was 49.6 when we started, and 54 later in the day. Caught most of the fish 15 feet deep in 18 FOW, using orange heads w/dark green bodies with flecs. Thought it was going to be a terrible day weather wise, but it turned out to be a very good day on the water.
    First welcome to the board. Was just wandering where you might have found 18 fow in Asher Creek. Fished in there quit a bit and never ran across any water that deep, even at summer pool. Fished some in there today and ended up with 21 keepers, caught in 6-7 fow about 4 ft down.

Post Thanks / Like

Is asher creek back past state park? I thought most of the water around state park was 10-15' deep at summer pool.
    Dux,
    did you fish you catch all your keepers down on that end of the lake or did you come up the river some?

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck too all fishin this weekend. If I make it I will b fishin off the bank somewhere this weekend
    Maybe go mon if the weather holds out in the boat with dad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast