4 66.67%
  • Other (explain below)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thill Floats : Mini Shy Bite or TG Waggler

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thill Floats : Mini Shy Bite or TG Waggler

I fish a 1/16th oz jig or a minnow and split shot. I usually tightline both...

I think I might be missing some bites on windy days or slow bite days where they want it to sit infront of them for awhile.

Please give me any insite on these floats and add anything you want about it.

Thill Gold Medal Series - Mini-Shy Bite Floats

Thill Gold Medal Series - TG Waggler
    Crappie are snobby..... Why can't they be easy to catch...Like bass?

Post Thanks / Like

The TG Waggler is the way to go when it comes to crappie fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I use some type of waggler most of the time. The Thill waggler is designed for bigger baits like jigs and minnows. A 1/16 oz jig might sink the mini shy bite. I know it will sink the smaller ones. The MSB is designed for smaller baits in very shallow water. That's the only time I'd ever use it. And, in most situations, I'd choose the Mini Stealth over the mini shy bite. The mini stealth is a short, fat waggler that is perfect for bigger baits in shallow water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    I use some type of waggler most of the time. The Thill waggler is designed for bigger baits like jigs and minnows. A 1/16 oz jig might sink the mini shy bite. I know it will sink the smaller ones. The MSB is designed for smaller baits in very shallow water. That's the only time I'd ever use it. And, in most situations, I'd choose the Mini Stealth over the mini shy bite. The mini stealth is a short, fat waggler that is perfect for bigger baits in shallow water.
    Thanks, I looked at the stealth also. I thought it might be worse in the wind because of the body being so big. I might sound like a dummy but the will the body on the stealth be under water like the mini? I am kinna new to fishing and really new to float fishing. The The Mini says it has one for 1/64,1/32 and 1/16 oz. Just trying to learn but I want to purchase some good floats soon...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFish View Post
    I thought it might be worse in the wind because of the body being so big.
    It's actually more stable in the wind. They're like weebles: they wobble, but they don't fall down. :D

but the will the body on the stealth be under water like the mini?
    Yes, as long as you use enough weight. That's true of any of the Thill floats. If you're worried about wind, the waggler is the best but, because they're long, you don't want to use them in really shallow water. In that situation, shorter wagglers are the best option. Thill has a bunch of short, stubby wagglers. I'll try to find a link. OK, here you go. These would be perfect for shallow water:

http://www.basspro.com/Thill®-Gold-M.../46150/-384587

Post Thanks / Like

Shy bites are good floats for shallow spawning fish, I use them in less than 2' of water. A 1/16th would sink it though, the link DBD posted are the better of the Thill floats in my opinion.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

It's actually more stable in the wind. They're like weebles: they wobble, but they don't fall down. :D

Yes, as long as you use enough weight. That's true of any of the Thill floats. If you're worried about wind, the waggler is the best but, because they're long, you don't want to use them in really shallow water. In that situation, shorter wagglers are the best option. Thill has a bunch of short, stubby wagglers. I'll try to find a link. OK, here you go. These would be perfect for shallow water:

http://www.basspro.com/Thill®-Gold-M.../46150/-384587
    Disco you have been a huge help with my adventure into float fishing! Thanks alot I am going to give it a try this year and see whats up.

I do not cast a whole lot but I am sure that these will help with my cold front fish and on windy days. Most of my presentations are vertical jigging in pads, on trees, or on drop offs. I have almost decided to get all three, I am sure that they will all serve a use in my box I have everything from 1/80 grizzlys to 1/8 marabous and I also fish minnows.

Thanks alot fellars.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of my presentations are vertical jigging in pads, on trees, or on drop offs.
    Glad to help. If you want to try a float for your vertical jigging, check these out:

Thill Gold Medal Series - Center Slider

They are designed for vertical jigging.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to help. If you want to try a float for your vertical jigging, check these out:

Thill Gold Medal Series - Center Slider

They are designed for vertical jigging.
    So you wouldnt use the waggler style or the mini for vertical jigging?

Post Thanks / Like

how do you use the mini shy bite and the regular sized version anyway?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast