Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I love this trolling thing

Post Thanks / Like

Default I love this trolling thing

I have never really done any real trolling before. Tried it last week for an hour or so and just basically learned how to do it. I went back today to apply what I learned and we killed them. I cleaned 58 crappie. Hey Fatboy, I just added another weapon to my arsenal. I know now why J White and the rest of you trollers love it so much. I had a blast. I will try to post some pics of the fish tomorrow maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, we caught them on Woods Res. They wouldnt hardly touch a minnow, we caught them on curly tail grubs, pretty much any color.

Post Thanks / Like

Tell us a little info on HOW you were trolling. Please. I fish Barkley mostly.
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been thinking about rigging to try some trolling myself, I have been once, but we didn't know what we were doing.

Post Thanks / Like

We were trolling tube jigs and minnows. We just cast our jigs out behind the boat at different lengths and propped them in the rod holders and just used the trolling motor to drag us along. Set back and just grabbed a pole when a fish was on. On two occasions all three of mine had a fish on at the same time, now that was fun, but I had to have my partners help to get em in. Here's a pic of our catch of 58 that we brought home.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by crappieseeker; 03-09-2006 at 09:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have my boat rigged for trolling but have never really learned how to do it justice. I think I'm going to commit myself to it this year and just make myself learn. I think it would benefit for me to on some of these MO lakes that I have trouble on. Good catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Trolling is my Favorite in the Spring and Fall (just a little deeper in the Fall). I started catching crappie that way back in 1979 and still works well.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch of fish there.
    It really is hard to beat trolling. If your set up is right you can kick back and relax while the boat does all the work. My kids love it too- they can sit up with me and watch the poles and talk/play (quietly) then pull in the fish while I use the net.
    Happy fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch. God you guys are driving me crazy. I can't wait to get back to the mid-west and the south. Save a few of those crappie for me. PLEASE!!!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default nice one seek

Where did you getem at?

TN or AL
    Love, what more can I say

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast