Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fished Guntersville Lake with Slab today

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fished Guntersville Lake with Slab today

It was indeed a blessing and an honor to meet Ed Moes (Slab) today and to be able to wet a line with him. We plan on fishing again tomorrow if the storms and lightning pass us by. Fishing with us today was my son Rev. Tim Jennings who goes by "Style" on the comedy circuit. This is part one of the report. I will submit part 2 (With photos) on Friday when I get back to Fairfield and I can upload photos to photobucket.

Let me start by saying that I was humbled that Slab took time to fish with Old Ship. I really enjoyed the time we all spent together today. We did not have access to a boat so we fished the dock area next to the Oyster Bar and Hampton Inn where my wife and I were staying. The weather was cold and raw which was very harmful to me after just spending seven days in the hospital with double pneumonia less than three weeks ago. We fished for four hours today and everyone caught fish.........just not crappies today.

The Shellcrackers loved the 1.5 white minnow created by Snake River and they were in the high double digits. Today was catch and release or catch and give away to William Adderly who happened to be fishing the pier today. There was no way I was going to keep them in the back of my car overnight. I put black stripes, red gills, and an orange underbelly on it with Sharpie markers and Spike It markers. Other baits that really worked today was the all chartreuse stinger by Snake River.

We are going to a different dock tomorrow and see if the crappies will bite better. The cold front really shut them and me down today. Got to drink lots of hot tea today.

Thank you Ed for just making my day today. I was blessed by meeting you. I will post lots of photos soon. Stay tuned to this thread for part two on Friday.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like yall had a great time, the crappie should be moving close to the docks any time now for spawning, it could be hit or miss at any of them. You may catch some and then again you may not. Clean up a good mess of those Guntersville gills, they sure do taste good. I cleaned 49 last night and cant wait to get my taste buds a hold of them.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, have a good time and take care of yourself out there. Dont want another hospital stay. Looking forward to seeing those pics friday. Style, MAKE your dad dress warm.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a wonderful time, and we even made a new friend, William. He did not even come there to fish, I started chatting with him in the parking lot, I told him we were crappie.com members, and he happened to have had his gear in the back of his truck, so he came out and fished with us. Afterwords, he gave us a tour of the area, showing us where we could fish from shore. Now he's driving around with a crappie.com decal on his truck window! lol

Anyway, it was great meeting Ship, his beautiful wife Loretta, and Rev. Jennings. Looking forward to another outing today. I won't let Ship fish for long out in this weather, I promise.
    Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  42.8 KB

OH, I almost forgot to say thanks to Bob (snake river) for the cool shirt.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    Mike, have a good time and take care of yourself out there. Dont want another hospital stay. Looking forward to seeing those pics friday. Style, MAKE your dad dress warm.
    It got pretty rough there at the end and I started wheezing. I did not go night fishing Chaunc. Slab and I will fish a different dock today at noon. Stay tuned my friend. Still cold and raw today. I put on extra layer of clothing.

Photos should be on this thread by Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice !! great to see you guys having a good time !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Now that picture is a classic. Slab, do you have a (best of) photo album on the site? It would be nice to have a place where classic pictures of crappie.com members fishing together can be posted in an album with a short description of names and location.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics Mike. Hope you and Ed catch plenty but No.1 is your health my friend. Hope you get back to 100% very soon.

Post Thanks / Like

slab its good to see you out fishing with crappie.com members
    fishing from the couch in front of the tv doesnt count

Post Thanks / Like

Day two. Weather is atrocious today. We finally got out to go fishing after lunch at about 12:00. Slab caught yellow striped bass. Crappies still had lockjaw from the cold front and refused jigs and/or minnows. High winds and rain forced us off the water by 12:35 still it was a great 35 minutes talking and fishing with a great guy in Slab. We were on the docks on rt 431.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast