Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Zebco ZO2 reel

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up New Zebco ZO2 reel

Wow all I can say is WOW. I just got my my new Zebco ZO2. It has 7 BB and comes with 6# Cajan line. I know this is not UL as it is 6# but the performance is outstanding. I used a 1/8 oz weight on a UL rod I made, 4 1/2 ft. I made a bow and arrow cast over 50' and then made a back hand flip cast over my left shoulder (I cast with may right hand) and it went over 50'. The line made no effort to tangle or coil. The reel comes with an extra spool and I will fill it with 4# but quite honestly the performance with the set up now exceeds my needs.Hands Clapping

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

ROTO VISE DEALER

Post Thanks / Like

where do we find it at? my wife likes fishing with these 33's. need something more durable yet UL.

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro has them in the new fishing catalog but I bought mine at Poorfish.com. They make the ZO2 in the Omega and Delta. The Omega is a few dollars more. Now they have the Omega ZO3Pro at $74.99. Probably my next reel from them.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

ROTO VISE DEALER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckhavoc View Post
    where do we find it at? my wife likes fishing with these 33's. need something more durable yet UL.
    I misread your post. The ZO2 is the UL reel. I am positive it will handle 2# line with no problem and I have it on my UL rod.

ROTO VISE DEALER

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my brother an Omega a couple of years ago. He likes it.

I think there's a definite market for a higher quality spincast reel. Unfortunately, many spincast reels on the market today are pretty sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my wife two ZO2 Omegas last year and they have worked great. I've thought about getting a couple more, they seem very durable.

Post Thanks / Like

There has always been a demand for high quality spincast reels. I wish I knew why Zebco finally figured it out. Maybe the upper management finally retired and younger blood took over with more modern ideas. If you check out the the BPS catalog and look at the products that Zebco is coming out with, they are really coming out with top shelf equipment.

ROTO VISE DEALER

Post Thanks / Like

New Z02 Combo at Academy Sports online. May want to hit these guys up before they are all gone, as just the reel normally costs about $60. Link is below.

Academy - Zebco Omega™ Professional 5'6" Freshwater Spincast Rod and Reel Combo

Post Thanks / Like

thanks mutedblade. they have the combo on sale for $23. is this the same reel we are talking about in previous post for the $75.

Post Thanks / Like

oh that was just an Omega. the post was about the ZO2 Pro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast