Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got this idea from the jig tying forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default got this idea from the jig tying forum

I saw the "pass the box around" idea on the jig tying forum. and it got me thinking what if we started the same thing but didnt limit it to jig tying stuff. we could start one and allow people to put whatever they wanted in it. crappie nibbles, jigs jig heads, hooks, bobbers, line, reels, measuring devices, fillet knives, crankbaits, etc etc the list is endless

the rules being one person will start the box, then mail it to the next person on the list of participants that would have to be started. that person takes no more than 5 items out, then replaces them with something of equal or greater value. and you can always take out 5 and replace with 10 items, to keep the inventory exciting. But atleast replace what you have taken out.

might be a fun surprise for people to get a box of goodies in the mail, and be able to trade something they dont use anymore, or have too many of for something they need, or would use.
    I dont really have enough stuff to get the box started, since i have just begun crappie fishing but maybe someone can start it, or propose the idea to someone who will start it. Maybe the extra items at the end of the cycle could be used as virtual tournament prizes? or just re used and sent through another list of people.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Idea
    Getting Ready for Ice Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

apparently no one is interested, almost 100 views and only 1 reply. Oh well worth a try, i thought it sounded pretty neat.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strahm View Post
    apparently no one is interested, almost 100 views and only 1 reply. Oh well worth a try, i thought it sounded pretty neat.
    Strahm .... you'll have to give it way more time than 6hrs ... LOL !! And don't let the 100 views fool you --- there's no way to tell how many of those views were by members, and how many were by "guests". Just sayin ....

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds cool to me. I would be up for it.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am up for it. Its a great Idea.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

now we just need someone who has a lot of unused stuff that would be willing to start the process, i would be more than willing to start it, but i only have the essentials as it is, dont have enough extra to get a good box started. i could always start the box with a couple things then ask people who are more interested in giving than recieving to sign the list first so that the first few people could get the box built up for the later people to have a good choice of items.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a cool idea. I'd be willing to play.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This has been done on several different fishing forums. The concept was to start a box with 20 items and send the box to someone. If they took 3 things out they had to post a picture of what they took out of the box as well as a photo of the three items they put in to the box before they sent it to the next person on the list.

When you got to the last person on the list the process started all over again with the first person.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the information, it sounds like a fun little thing to do to me.
    maybe someone who runs/controls/ manages/ whatever this forum can start a folder, or something to seperate this from the main forum to make it easier to get going, and not clutter up the main page. i dont know that taking pictures of what you take out and put in would be necesary, since some people may not know how to post pictures, and it will be more surprising to open up the box and have no clue what may be inside. but thats just my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast