Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Describe your tightlining rig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Describe your tightlining rig

What kind of rig do you use on the business end of your line? I usually rig a weight above my jig about 18". Looking for some different ideas. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been doing about the same. For the most part Im carolina riged, Bullet sinker, bead, swivel, leader of differant lenghts and a gold hook. I have been wondering lately if its to much and fish can see it in slightly stained water.

Post Thanks / Like

10 ft rod... 1/8th oz jig tipped with flavor/color of the day. Sometimes weedless jig but mostly avoid hang ups with boat control and knowing a "hit" versus brush. I fish from 2-20 ft like this.
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

Here is two of my rigs. One is a single hook rig and the other is a two hook rig.

The single rig:

I Slide a egg sinker on the line followed by a bead and swivel. Next tie a leader (18 in. most of the time) with jig. I use 17 lb. stren yellow. The leader is 6 lb. clear.

The two hook rig:

I tie a stand off to the main line. Leader with hook. To the bottom of the stand off tie 12 in. line. Install egg sinker with bead and swivel. Attach line with hook or jig to swivel.

Hope this helps.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re

He Krappiekrazy! What's the advantage of your two hook rig over the store bought crappie rigs with the bell sinker on the bottom? I assume the 6lb is so you break off a single leader instead of the whole rig.

Post Thanks / Like

Why buy something you can make. Never like the big weight hitting the

pvc. Just like catching fish off of something I make. Just wish I could tie jigs.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 12ft Ozark jig pole with an 1/8 oz jig with a tube body most of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

pstone,did you get your ozark rod from vic?i'm gonna visit him when i get back down,good deals and funny as h*ll to boot.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-08-2006 at 09:25 AM.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVCRAPPIEFISHIN
    He Krappiekrazy! What's the advantage of your two hook rig over the store bought crappie rigs with the bell sinker on the bottom? I assume the 6lb is so you break off a single leader instead of the whole rig.
    This is the style I go with works for me when I use minnows .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by krappiekrazy

Here is two of my rigs. One is a single hook rig and the other is a two hook rig.

The single rig:

I Slide a egg sinker on the line followed by a bead and swivel. Next tie a leader (18 in. most of the time) with jig. I use 17 lb. stren yellow. The leader is 6 lb. clear.

The two hook rig:

I tie a stand off to the main line. Leader with hook. To the bottom of the stand off tie 12 in. line. Install egg sinker with bead and swivel. Attach line with hook or jig to swivel.

Hope this helps.
    Krappiekrazy, I use the same set-up you use for the one jig but instead of the bead etc. I take a barrel sinker and pull a rubber band tru it, makes it double, leaving about 1/4 in. sticking out each end and run my line, power pro, thru it and tie off my jig. If it is too loose on your line just twist the rubber band. This way I can adjust the length of my leader to whatever plus at the end of the day just pull it down on the jig and no loose line.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast