Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan martin Lake with DAD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan martin Lake with DAD

Going crappie fishing friday going to try trolling some and minnow fishing around lakeside landing In Logan Martin Lake has anybody been catching any trolling and a what depth I fished Broken arrow creek last week and caught about 40 most were very small but bit very agressive early around stumps using minnows caught some real nice slabs three weeks earlier at lakeside before the flood they haven't been the same. any tips on catching the big slabs again my dad is going with me and has not been on a bed of crappie for quite some years he is getting up in the years now and all of his spots are all not producing just would like to take him back to the good old days he always talks about . Won't get to take him much more this year beause of his declining health he'll be 80 this year I would like to take him out and put him on the fish like he use to do with me when i was just a kid those memories will never die just want to see the old man smile from ear to ear like the good old days we may go back to Broken Arrow Creek if no one has any info around lakeside landing thanks guys awesome forum. good luck out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Onnie0311 View Post
    Going crappie fishing friday going to try trolling some and minnow fishing around lakeside landing In Logan Martin Lake has anybody been catching any trolling and a what depth I fished Broken arrow creek last week and caught about 40 most were very small but bit very agressive early around stumps using minnows caught some real nice slabs three weeks earlier at lakeside before the flood they haven't been the same. any tips on catching the big slabs again my dad is going with me and has not been on a bed of crappie for quite some years he is getting up in the years now and all of his spots are all not producing just would like to take him back to the good old days he always talks about . Won't get to take him much more this year beause of his declining health he'll be 80 this year I would like to take him out and put him on the fish like he use to do with me when i was just a kid those memories will never die just want to see the old man smile from ear to ear like the good old days we may go back to Broken Arrow Creek if no one has any info around lakeside landing thanks guys awesome forum. good luck out there.
    Man I hope that you and your dad put the smoke on em. That would be a amazing feeling for you to see your dad enjoy catching them like he used to. Maybe someone will let you know where you can catch them. I wish you all the luck. I would love to be able to take my father fishing. Take advantage of all you can while you can. Good luck........

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the post there's nothing like seeing the man that taught you all you know laughing and smiling like a kid catching fish that you put him on.