Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camo Vs Bright Shirt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Camo Vs Bright Shirt

Yesterday I went crapie fishing in full camo. Had good luck since I was fishing in brake water 3 feet deep with 2 feet of weeds. Caught 10 in an hour.
    Today I went back but wore a red shirt and caught 1. Has anyone else noticed the same sort of difference?
    FIN

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that so when I go I dont wear bright colors. Not sure if it really matters though.

Post Thanks / Like

never thought of it...didn't know the fish were watching me...

Post Thanks / Like

Well I fished for 6+ hours today. And only one short fish. And had full camo on.
    But then again the shad minnows were everywhere again today. Depth finder was showing bait fish everywhere and I'm talking about yards lone. And plenty of them dead on the water.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention the water stays clear with lots of trees. Most around here couldn't believe I even caught some there. No one else has been able to Im gona try it again tomorrow with the camo again.
    FIN

Post Thanks / Like

clear water -if you can see the fish they can see too
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have thought the same thing Fin, I posted a thread awhile back stating that I though fish we seeing me, most guys got a chuckle out of it . So, I abandoned my boat and started wading on this lake. My catch increased quite abit. I have no idea why but, they seemed to bite real slow for me while fishing out of a boat no matter what I was wearing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Take a look at what the pros wear

With all the endorsements,etc, sometimes the bass pros look like circus clowns and it doesn't seem to affect them. Bass are supposed to have better color vision than crappie. At any rate, if you have ever been swimming in a lake and looked up. you'll notice that shapes are not very recognizable. The bigger issue might be whether or not you were casting a hard shadow. Just my opinion. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Fish can see, hear and feel. If you stream or pond fish you would do well to to wear colors that do not contrast with suroundings and avoid silloeting. Walk quitely and avoid knocking stuff in the water banging around in a boat sound travels fast in the water. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

this might sound dumb but whenever i wear a blue shirt in my boat i catch less crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast