Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Brick Morder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brick Morder

I guess thats how you spell it but any way, I've got a couple of bags from a job I had done. Got sand to mix with. Will this stuff set up in a bucket solid and not split apart after its hardened? I've read other post about concrete not having enough rocks in it but I have always had good luck with concrete. wondering about this material. Will it degrade under water? Thanks. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

It's mortar, but who cares. I know I can't spell, as long as it sounds right. I forgot to mention I got thirty bags of crete. If I don't gett'm out soon they are liable to bust through the floor. They are 60lb bags, so if my math is right that is 1800lbs sitting in one spot. Not cool. It may be in the river when I get to it. LOL
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

morter on your blocks or brick gets wet and stays together,yes it is more brittle but will work fine
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

yes it will set up soild in a bucket and not fall apart,I would make the mix very rich.You will also need to let it cure for a week or longer depending on the temps,mortar takes longer to cure.I don;t know about how long it will last under water.

Post Thanks / Like

If possible add a little portland cement into the mix. It will keep it from being too brittle.