Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Is it worth my time to install an old flasher unit as back up.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Is it worth my time to install an old flasher unit as back up.

First,hello from s.e mo.I recently purchased a vintage lowrance flasher(with the cables and transducer)for $5 at a yard sale.The unit works,I was wondering how accurate they are.Or should I go purchase a new lcr. Thank you for your input.

Post Thanks / Like

would be your choice, I put my old one back on last year, took it right back off,,,,,, they make too much noise..........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't, the Lowrance fishfinder I bought last week has a built in flasher screen but I have not used one in 20 years.
    But some people like them.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I ran one on the console and front of my first boat. They work but is totally differant than what a "normal" newer graph will do for you. They take up a lot of space also. But once you know how to read one they are accurate for depth changes. The ice fishing guys sure love them up north. They can tell when a fish is coming up to their bait.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    would be your choice, I put my old one back on last year, took it right back off,,,,,, they make too much noise..........
    Monty with all the BS and nonstop laughter that goes on in your boat you must have good ears to still hear the flasher.Rofl I forgot about them being loud until you said that. Can you tell any differance in your new Hummingbird Downscan and the old flasher other than noise????