Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big Female Crappie With Lip on the Bank

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Female Crappie With Lip on the Bank

Big Females have a lip on the bank in the cattails at Lake Stamford and the brush at Hubbard Creek Lake. Caught 18 at Stamford on yellow/black/yellow and 22 at Hubbard Creek on red/black/white. It is not easy fishing and they are not stacked in the shallow water. Got to move and cover lots of territory, but the fish are very large. No males mixed in which is a huge QUESTION ????? for me. I do not understand what is going on, but not going to argue with it. The eggs in the fish are not close to being a spawn situation as the blood veins are not showing and the eggs are large, but not bursting. I suspect they will retreat to deeper water if the weather cools off, but for now the bite is on, with it much better late in the P.M.

Regards,
    Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

Dabber, I wish I had my boat and poles with me. I am typing this from lodging on Dyess right now. I was told today that there were some good lakes around here, all I have seen the past two days is mesquite. LOL, Heading back to Killeen tomorrow. Take Care, TF

Post Thanks / Like

TF
    Next time you are in the area, give me a hollar and maybe we can go catch some. Lakes are mostly red clay, muddy in this area, but fertile. One of the biggest problems around here, year in and out are the lake levels.
    Regards,
    Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

Dabber, did you enjoy the wind at stamford last weekend. i wanted to fish but had to get my place in shape for the summer. did you hear how the tournament turned out.
    SEE YA LAKE-BUM

Post Thanks / Like

lake-bum
    You know how it is in Abilene and Lake Stamford, if the wind isn't blowing then it is that one day out of 20. Lake sure seems to be ON after the flood. Talked with several from the Anchor and they are catching the heck out of the blues on cut perch besides the crappie trying to get started. Let me know where your place is?? I opened the two flood disaster landfills at the Anchor and Stamford Marina, maybe we can drink a glass of tea one of these days and compare notes.

Regards,
    Ron / Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

Dabber benny is my next door nabor, on shipman rd. i dont get down as much as i want to. i take care of my mother at home and that is a full time job. hope my lines are still in the lake after the flood. i need a catfish dinner. question. why are they dumping at the lakes edge by the anchor
    SEE YA LAKE-BUM

Post Thanks / Like

lake-bum
    email me and I can give you the specifics of the temporary disaster landfills.
    Regards,
    Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the big mommas decided to take a break from the lip on the bank this week. Much tuffer for me this week. Weather changes, wind and now a cold front have changed their attitudes in the places I was catching.

Regards,
    Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

Default dabber

i was down last weekend and didnt have much luck at it also. looks like it may be a little early yet. if they would crank up the hot water outlet we wouldnt have to worry anymore about the temp of the lake.
    SEE YA LAKE-BUM

Post Thanks / Like

To Bad that will never happen again. It was the lifeblood of that lake and provided great crappie fishing for many, many years. The lake still has some big time crappie though.
    Regards,
    Mud-Dabber