Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cold, snowy, fishy on the grand

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cold, snowy, fishy on the grand

I guess I need to take some pics but oh well....truth is I am just too lazy! got out at 8:30, fished untill 2:30(well, son and I shared a western omlet and pancake as big as a manhole cover around 12) then we had to get back to KC for my sons baseball practice- yes we practiced in the snow...

we caught them in 12 ft of water 9-10 feet down. Caught a lot of fish and quite a few nice fish 12" or better. probably had 1/2 dozen or so in the 13" range ...and really thick! didnt clean any and didnt count em, just had a great time and threw them all back like we do a lot of time.

used 1/16oz chart. road runner with blu/chart on the bottom, bobby garland tube red/chart on top. seemed like anything with chart. tail worked well.

what a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a heck of a day! Glad you all caught them.

Post Thanks / Like

Great day, catch some fish for sport, have an omelet, and still get in baseball practice. Now that's a father and son experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerCrappie View Post
    I guess I need to take some pics but oh well....truth is I am just too lazy! got out at 8:30, fished untill 2:30(well, son and I shared a western omlet and pancake as big as a manhole cover around 12) then we had to get back to KC for my sons baseball practice- yes we practiced in the snow...

we caught them in 12 ft of water 9-10 feet down. Caught a lot of fish and quite a few nice fish 12" or better. probably had 1/2 dozen or so in the 13" range ...and really thick! didnt clean any and didnt count em, just had a great time and threw them all back like we do a lot of time.

used 1/16oz chart. road runner with blu/chart on the bottom, bobby garland tube red/chart on top. seemed like anything with chart. tail worked well.

what a great day!
    Great report! Must have eaten at Bucksaw Marina with that pancake description! They serve a great breakfast for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report and congrats on the catch.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys, yeah, I am the coach..we practiced in the snow and yes we always hit the marina at Bucksaw!

We spend a lot of time together

We get out together hunting and fishing weekly throughout the year. It all started in September 2002 when I had been getting short bites( i was a bass fisherman back then....) on the on the wall across from the cut through down stream of Bucksaw. I asked him(he was 4 at athat time) if he wanted to get on some gills. he said he did. the next day, we caught and released probably 100 bluegills. my dad and I would get them on at both ends of the boat and hand him rods with fish on.he'd real them up and he was hooked, now he fly fishes, flats fishes in FL, bass, walleye and crappie fishes and will go 10 hours at a time-bites or not, really amazing!He also takes his class mates here in Leawood on "guided"(he's the guide) trips to a lot of the area ponds. hes got all of them staked out.

My dad took me all the time and I have done the same. its great!

you might see us down at Truman-Red chevy crew with Big Red N in the back window, white stratos 285 pro xl with red/blue trim. say high if you see us!

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the great day

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the day, and for spending time with your boy. I did the coaching thing also, and him and I fish and hunt together a bunch....... love every second of it.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the good day
    Sounds like u found some quality fish