Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any Indiana Lake Monroe reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Indiana Lake Monroe reports?

Just wondering if anyone has any fishing reports for Lake Monroe near Bloomington Indiana? I prefer the crappie reports but any will do as I just love to fish.:D
    I can't wait for the stripers to come in...
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. ~Author Unknown

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ishingsign.gif

Post Thanks / Like

I grow up in Indiana and didn't no they had stripers. When I fished up there they had Whippers in a few lakes. Do they stock them every year? I might have to fish for them when I go home to see the kids. What is the best months to fish for them? Also do you live bait for them. Thanks, Steve
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steve,

Aah I wasn't correct with my wording. We have white bass/striped bass hybrids, often called a wiper here in Monroe lake and others. They are getting to be a pretty good size fish with the state record at 19 lbs 3 oz - if I'm not mistaken. April and May tend to be the hot months for the wiper fishing here at Monroe, when the shallows start warming up and the bait fish come in, that when to start looking for the wipers. It is the best fishing I have even done in Indiana and on a good day you can almost expect to pull in 5-10 pounders (and an occasional teener) as fast as you can cast. This kind of action always seems to happen usually about 1.5 hours before dark and a little past. I have had the most luck using either a top water popping bait or a rattle trap but have never even tried live bait (I'm an artificle kinda guy):D .
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. ~Author Unknown

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ishingsign.gif