Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I,m Bumming

Post Thanks / Like

Default I,m Bumming

Well the water is just starting to warm up here in central Ohio, I got a new boat and am getting it set up the way I like it and Bam !! The doctor says I need to have surgery on my neck this tuesday to fuse 2 disc. I have had problems for years but this year has been really tough, I am having trouble even holding on to a rod with my left arm there is so much nerve damage right now and I am on mega pain meds with no relief. I just hope it helps some of this pain I have had for the last 15 years and I will be off 4 to 6 weeks so maybe I can get some fishing in the last couple of weeks Thumbs Up

Wish me luck guys,

Stan

Post Thanks / Like

good luck stan. hope the surgery fixes you up and your pain will end. they can work wonders now.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

they can do wonders with surgery today,,do what the docs tell ya to get well, and follow the rules of your recovery and you will be like new before you know it and back to fishing. Good luck,,

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Just don't rush the recovery and rehab. good luck to ya EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck to you Stan. Can't stress this enough, don't rush things. I have seen more damage after a surgery because someone thought they felt great even though they haven't completed rehab. Don't rush!

Post Thanks / Like

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stanimals2 View Post
    Well the water is just starting to warm up here in central Ohio, I got a new boat and am getting it set up the way I like it and Bam !! The doctor says I need to have surgery on my neck this tuesday to fuse 2 disc. I have had problems for years but this year has been really tough, I am having trouble even holding on to a rod with my left arm there is so much nerve damage right now and I am on mega pain meds with no relief. I just hope it helps some of this pain I have had for the last 15 years and I will be off 4 to 6 weeks so maybe I can get some fishing in the last couple of weeks Thumbs Up

Wish me luck guys,

Stan
    I feel your pain only not that bad yet. Diagnosed with degenerative bone loss in my neck about '97 and I've got a feeling that it won't be much longer before I go the same route. Like everyone said do what they tell you and don't try anything beyond that.
    Hope all goes well and you will be in my prayers.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck on the Surgery but take it slow and easy afterwards.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with it!

I had 2 cervical fusion surgeries in 2002 from a work injury. I had numbness in my hands for almost a year until the 2nd surgery. The first thing I remember in the recovery room after that surgery was being aware that my numbness was gone. I went almost 8 years before I started having numbness in my hands again. My surgeon had told me that my injury might turn into a degenerative condition and it seems it has. I lost my previous job after the injury (employer fired me when I was issued a 35% disability) and started my taxidermy business in 2003. Needless to say, numb hands and taxidermy don't mix.

Take the advice you have been given above. Trying to get back in the swing too early is not in your best interest.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the doc. I had to have neck surgery in 96, and it helped quite a bit. I'm still not like I was before I blew out my disc, but much better than before the doc did his thing. Again Good Luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast