Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS/Fishfinders What is the best?

Post Thanks / Like

Default GPS/Fishfinders What is the best?

I have been thinking on buying a 363 fisher combo unit and was wondering if it would be any good. i also thought i might buy seperate units like a fishfinder to install in the boat and a handheld gps to take with me if i go someones elses boat what are yall s opinions? what are some good units resonably priced?

Post Thanks / Like

If I had the money I would buy the Garmin E trex vista cx.For a good GPS for the money.

http://www.garmin.com/products/etrexVistacx/

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how much you want to spend. I had a Lowrance 332C combo and I loved it. I spent around $649. If you don't want to spend that much the 480LMS is also a great combo. I believe that it runs for around $450 or so. I have used the 480LMS and it is a great black and white graph/GPS.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiencali
    Depends on how much you want to spend. I had a Lowrance 332C combo and I loved it. I spent around $649. If you don't want to spend that much the 480LMS is also a great combo. I believe that it runs for around $450 or so. I have used the 480LMS and it is a great black and white graph/GPS.
    Ditto what he said! If you want to find the creeks without trying get one of these and the Navionics chip detailed map. You can drive right to any creek/creek bend you want to. Also these both have good clarity (high pixel count & plenty of power) so finding brush piles and condos is much easier.

It's worth every penny to me.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

The Eagle FishElite 480 runs about $350 at BPS. It is a fish finder/gps combo.

I run the Eagle FishElite 480 on the console and a FishMark 480 on the trolling motor on the new boat.
    On my old boat, I basically had the same set up except it was the FishMark 320 on the trolling motor.

And then I have a hand held Garmins GPSMap76S which I absolutely love and use it in my boat when I'm on the trolling motor to keep track of my tracks :D and helps me stay in position over brush piles and condos.

If you want to get one fish finder and one hand held GPS, you could also go with the FishMark 320, they are running around $150 at BPS.

If you decide to get a hand held GPS, make sure that it has the built in compass and WAAS. Those two things allow the GPS unit to update quicker and get you closer to your targets.

Good Luck
    <--Click for Website

Post Thanks / Like

PS. The FishElite 480 is also capable of taking the Navionics Hot Spots Premium chip. Another $150 bucks...but you might find it worth it if you are searching for break lines and creek channels and such on a new to you lake.
    <--Click for Website

Post Thanks / Like

I went out with a friend and he just got a new lowrance lcx20c and it was awesome, cabelas has them for 549.

Post Thanks / Like

what does waas mean ive noticed some units has it and some dont my son in law gave me a garmin etrex it doesnt at any rate im hooked be up grading soon
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Hello All,

If anyone is interested in an Eagle InteliMap 480 check out

http://www.landbigfish.com/tacklesto...e.cfm?PID=1728 or
    www.boatersland.com/ea.html
    looks like a great price to me.

Good Fishing,

WIMPY
    Last edited by WIMPY; 03-07-2006 at 08:39 PM. Reason: New Price

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Waas Makes The Unit More Accurate
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast