Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Three pound braid!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Three pound braid!!!

Went to BPS today and found a new item. Power Pro Braid in 3# test! This line is SUPER THIN, thinner than frog hair! I can't wait to try it out when vertical jigging. I've been using 8#. I think this new line should sink faster and stay more vertical. I'll be putting it on baitcast reels, I wouldn't want to use in on a spinning reel.
    Last edited by Fishawk; 03-26-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: correction

Post Thanks / Like

Please keep me posted on this one. I use 2# test to throw 1/64th for a lot of my fishing and rarely go above 1/32nd on my UL rig...which is what I fish with 90 percent of the time. I have tried the 5# test Power Pro and it would not cast as far as the P Line CX Premium. I have also tried other braid with not much success in the casting department. Why would you not want to use it on a spinning reel??

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

I am interested also. I use alot of 2lb mono on UL.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Alpha, I'll bet that it's a nightmare when it tangles. I'm interested in the testing of this myself. I'm looking for a cheap, well made baitcasting reel when I have a few bucks in the pocket, to change my spinners to for my vert rods. Deep water jigging with mono compared to braid is a big difference, and I can't wait to get changed over. I use 1/8 a lot and would like to use 1/16 but it gets real close to the TM when moving. I love the thump when they're 20' straight down.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Big Sandy this week in the high water and high winds. I used 3# PP on spinning reels fishing 20 to 34 fow with 1/4 oz jigs because of the winds. I was able to pull off some of the jigs that got hung in the brush and the THUMP was real good. I'm impressed with this line. I use Hi-vis yellow tied direct to the jig. Every fish I got was 20 fow or deeper.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds interesting, keep us posted.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team