Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Little Creek Reservoir

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Creek Reservoir

Is there 2 of them?? The only one I know of is just past Williamsburg. Haven't been there yet, but some day we will try it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

The lake on the other side of Northampton Blvd from Smith used to be called Little Creek Reservoir, think they refer to it as Western Whitehurst now. The ramp is in bad shape with ruts and of lot of stuff hanging over it might be a problem with a bigger boat. We fished there a couple of times last March and only caught a few crappies, think it was early and the water was still cold . They were good size though and were heathy looking. Scott did catch two bass about 5.5 to 6 lbs on back to back cast on roadrunners with 4lb test line. I think that the lake gets the least pressure of the in town lakes. There are some stumps from the old railroad trestle right beside the launch that hold crappies year round, The two sets in front of the spillway have accumulated a lot debris form washing over the spillway and the crappies collect there, if the channel cats don't run them off.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Boscoe, I had a feeling they were referring to the Whitehurst area.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

On the other hand, I just reread that report and it says they weighed it in at Little Creek Park. Here is what I'm looking at.
    http://broadband.hrticket.com/broadb...hing.htmlstory

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's the Little Creek Res. up by Williamsburg, heard of some 2lb crappies up there last year. Ther is a city park around the lake. I hope to be around the office some next week, I will call you about the jigs.