Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: backwards spider rigging; ie short range trolling?

Post Thanks / Like

Default backwards spider rigging; ie short range trolling?

I fish with a guy in his boat and he basically spider rigs with two poles. One in each hand and runs the trolling motor around trees brush etc and doesnt go straight for very long. If I fish with more than one pole out the side I am constantly reeling in repositioning. I was thinking maybe i could put out some poles in a spider manner off the back but just with short lines and heavier weights to keep them close to the boat and not in harms way. Would that work?

Or maybe just get longer poles than him (!).

Post Thanks / Like

I call that azz ending a guy, happens all the time, if the tm operator is using 10' go 12' or back to 6' that old guy at the back needs to stay in the game...naw just kidding the guys I fish with always give me my fair share of trees to hit, and I usually screw it up.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    I call that azz ending a guy, happens all the time, if the tm operator is using 10' go 12' or back to 6' that old guy at the back needs to stay in the game...naw just kidding the guys I fish with always give me my fair share of trees to hit, and I usually screw it up.......
    "LMAO". Gotta love your "terminogoly", OSS. Couple guy's I fish with wantta no why there not catch'n any fish, fish'n out the back. Answer, I've already fished it. My guy's are azz ending "spider rigger's" then. They loved those rod holder's, then are asking for sun screen, a cold drink, chip's. Then ya here backup. What? Backup, I'm hungup. Rod Holder's are off the boat. Now there wondering why I've got this new partner. He never ask for anything, he never get's hungup, heck, I think he can see in the water. Trip's on for next week, Lord. I'll bring your glass, maybe we'll have a lil wine after a day on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Get up there on the front deck so close he can feel your breath on the back of his neck and then slip your free hand into his pocket. He will either share the front deck with you as it should be, find a new fishing partner or the two of you will be starring in something on HBO after midnite. I think me and Monty could be fishin buddies.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Enough said Dexter, I ain't going with you...............
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE