Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pinchot Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pinchot Lake

Anyone know if the lake at pincot park was drawn down over the winter? If so when will it be refilled? If not has the fishing picked up yet? All the warm weather we have had should help get things moving. I can't wait to get the boat on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Pap paw, you have been missing out big time. Pinchot was not lowered at all this winter and with the warmer temps the lake didnt have much ice and crappies were hot down by the dam. Check this website. www.hawgheadbaits.com , that is the bait shop located by pinchot and they have reports every few days on their fishing reports section on the left hand side of that main page. Check it out and read down through the reports going back into january. PS I think i'm going to hit the lake sat or sun, let me know if your going to be down there, we can meet up and rip some slabs.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks tube4slabs. I know my priorities ore not right but I am helping my son inlaw and my son with there weekend projects this weekend. You would think a guy that is retired could go fishing anytime. To be honest I don't even have my boat or my equipment ready to go yet. I just have too many projects going. I am going to change this next week. I hope we can get togather sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

No prob, I didnt get out today either. I had to take the boat out of the garage and get somethings ready before it goes onto the water. I might try to get out Sunday morning, or I might go to the river for some eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

To bad you did not get to go. I have a few more things I have to do but I may work on getting the boat ready later today. If the weather stays resonably nice I may go to pinchot or the river this week. Where do you fish on the river? I usually fish near the I81 Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a jet boat for the riv? I would highly recommend getting down there as soon as possible. The bite is hot, and yes I usually fish slightly up river from where your talking bout.

Post Thanks / Like

I do have a jet on a tracker TX17. I have had this boat since 94 so it is well used. Did you get any fishing in over the weekend? I did not go but I am determined to change that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tube4Slabs

What is hot? The crappies?

Post Thanks / Like

I was referring to the SMB in the riv as being hot, but the level went up some since then. Crappies are hitting very well too tho

Post Thanks / Like

Well I could not stand not fishing any longer. Went to pinchot today. Only caught one small crappie down by the dam. Only saw three other crappie and a yellow perch caught in the four hours I was there. Could not stay any longer the cold and wind get's to an old man like me. I will probably try again next week.