Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Harris

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Harris

My fishing partner and I got 50 on Big Harris today. Average size , a few slabs, but most around 10-11".
    Good day, good weather, windy later, temp 68-70.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

WTG Joe !
    I've given up this year.
    Last year and again this year was not good for me. Started out Dec, went into Jan, was poor at best, got burnt-out, bought new boat, went back to salt water.
    Just got to the point of feeling like I was wasting my time.
    Then I'd read/hear thet they're finally starting the bite, and, I went down to Stick Marsh, couldn't even get a mosquito bite, just threw the towel in.
    Danny
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

where they at Joe? Any Hints

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal, Joe. Were they on the beds or deep?

Danny, I know that frustrating feeling when the sonar screen is stacked full of Speck schools and they won't bite anything I throw at them (flies, jigs, or live minnows). I'm surprised to hear that the fishing is bad on Farm 13/Stick Marsh. That place is supposed to be loaded with Specks. I've caught some good size ones so far this season (biggest 13 inch) but not in any great numbers. Now that the weather has warmed a bit and I'm hearing that the fish are starting to bite better, I'm going to have to go pretty soon. Even if I don't catch anything, I still enjoy just being out on the water.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey SuS-Speck

Yeah,
    Fish the cat-tails in 3-5 foot water. Work the pockets and holes in the tails.
    Take your time. When you get 1-2 keep working the area. They seem to be
    holding to only certain spots, and you might get several in one location.
    We fish Jigs only and seemed to be outdoing the minnow guys by a large margin. We never anchor like a lot of the minnow guys, and don't spend much time in one spot unless we pick up a fish or 2.
    Started out slow yesterday, but was good after we got on some fish.
    We do most of our fishing between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm. Most of the out at day break guys are off the lake during this time and a lot of times we will be the only boat on an area we want to fish. I have found this time to be as productive or more productive than the early and late periods. I know--Most of you will disagree with this and it is contrary to most fishing reports. It seems to help when we have cool nights. The sun will warm the water several degrees in just a few hours, and this helps a lot of the time.
    Enough for now.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by #1 SuS-speck
    where they at Joe? Any Hints

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info