Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake of Ozarks at 47 degrees does this mean they are moving into prespawn?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake of Ozarks at 47 degrees does this mean they are moving into prespawn?

If the lake is at 47 degrees and has been roughly risin a degree about ever 2 or 3 days so it should be hitting 50 pretty quick and crappie start spawning at 55-60 does this mean the crappie shold be moving into the prespawn movements? How far should they or are the holding from shore? am i good to start fishing for them off of the docks in 12-15 feet of water? What kind of bait should i be using? how deep has people been catching them? Any help would be greatly appreciated? thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Little early for prespawn, but its not too far off. I've caught some in real shallow water already this year, but I think the this cold snap and lake drawndown might send them a little deeper. I'd say 5-15 feet of water near brush should be a good tactic for awhile. I'd fish sides of docks, boat slips with brush, banks with brush. Warmer water, they will suspend over brush, cool fronts they will hold down tight to it. I've been using jigs, 2" grubs curly tail, and 3" slabslayers. Somthing with chartruse and or blue.

Post Thanks / Like

I read something in another post about the lake going down or they were letttin water out of the lake i guess that is bad for the crappi fishign i guess!So if its cold front that weekend i need to almost be fishing in the brush?

Post Thanks / Like

At what degreee mark does the Pre-spawn happen at ideally?