Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed on the Alabama River

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Ed on the Alabama River

Maybe you read Ed's article at c.c.Home about being on the Alabama River. He said: "All I can say is Awesome, awesome, awesome. I was invited down to the Crappie Masters Tournament being held down on the Alabama River near the town of Prattville."

The Article was praiseworthy but for one important detail. The City (not Town) of Prattville had not one thing to do with the Crappie Masters Tournament. The City of Millbrook, Prattville's smaller next door neighbor, was the sponsor of the State Championship Tournament and has been for the past three years. In fact, the City of Millbrook is the host of the 2011 National Championship (the Classic) this coming September.

Now, I realize this may not be a big thing if you're not from here, but little Millbrook and big Prattville being next door neighbors take pride in their respective cities and when Prattville gets credit for something Millbrook actually did,--well, it does not sit well with us.

So Ed, thanks for the kind words and great article, but Millbrook folks work their butts off for these tournaments. I mean a person writing such an article should know where the tournament is held and who sponsors it. Just sayin'
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Post Thanks / Like

OK OK so ED slipped up, I'll apologize for him in a big way. Ed puts so much into this forum that he deserves to slip up once in a great while. I'm quite sure he didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

In your own quote you say he said NEAR the town of Prattville. I don't see that as giving credit to Prattville. Seems like you're reaching on this one. Perhaps if you would shed some light about it to Ed, I'm sure he'll edit it giving credit, where credit is due.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

How you doing Arthur? Hope to get down that way some day. Heard the fishing was fine.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We all appreciate everything that Ed does. I hope to learn a lot from him when we fish next week.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guy's Gansett has a right to be upset, and you would too, if it happened to you. A lot of us know what goes into putting a big event on every year, and the planning, and work that is involved with such a task. I am quite sure it was a shock to read the article and find out your hard work was for not, and someone else gets the credit for it.
    Ed is a big boy and doesn't need anyone to defend him for a mistake that he made. We all know that it wasn't done on purpose.
    A lot of you guy's must think Ed's skin is so thin that he couldn't take some honest criticisum. He is a big boy and can defend himself. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If he was thin skinned, you wouldn't be here EB....
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be changing it to Millbrook the next chance I get. That's what's nice about publishing on the Internet. I can change it easily enough. Although I did use the phrase "near" Prattville if you noticed.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

It's all fixed. Sorry about the confusion.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the fix, Ed. I appreciate it very much. I'll admit I am overly sensitive about this. It is all behind us now. Crappie.com is my favorite, favorite, web site and I fully realize how much work you do for us. Thanks for all you do to bring us the best crappie fishing resource ever. Next time you are "near Prattville" (just a joke) let me know and we'll go fishing.

For Cane Pole, would love to see you and your lovely wife anytime--come on down.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast