Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Warranty ?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Warranty ?

I recently bought a StCroix rod, the outlet that I bought the rod from sold me an extra warranty, $9.99 for a one year now questions asked replacement of the purchase price on a gift card to the outlet. Turns out when I call to register the warranty that it is normal use only shutting it in the car door is considered abuse and is not covered like the salesman said that it was, Called the store spoke to the mgr. He said it was covered and that if they didnt cover it he would thru the store.

Called St Croix and they have a 5 year mgf warranty, if the rod is determined to be defective $20 shipping replaces the rod. If accidential breakage, shutting it in the car door no matter how old the rod is 1/2 the purchase price and that includes the shipping cost replaces the rod.

I think that the StCroix warranty is not only fair I think its good because it last forever and the outlet is only one year. What do you guys think ? Thanks in advance for your comments

Post Thanks / Like

I have some st croix rods and only used the warranty once. The salmon and steelhead rod I have at the time was only a few days old and I was throwing a spoon and it cracked. I called st croix and asked them about having it looked at and that is what they said twenty bucks and I said the rod was only a few days old and he said twenty dollars no matter what, so I took it back to the vendor and they took care of it for me because it was so new.

Post Thanks / Like

I cracked my Avid on a roof of a shelter I was fishing under (trying to free a snag) yep it snapped. Sent rod and $20 check to Park Falls WI and in a week had a replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

The upper tier rods have a life warranty, the lower tier have the 5 year warranty. Rod defects are extremely rare. Breakage is caused from stepping or smacking the rod on something and denting or putting a crease in the graphite fibers. A true defect will break clean just like a hot knife thru butter, abused rods splinter. St croix is more than fair with their warranties. Second party warranties are a waste of money