Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake George Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake George Florida

I am going down the week of April 9th and would like some advice on where to go for Shellys. This is my first time down.

I will take bluegill!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I owned a fish camp on the North end of Lake George back in the 1980's, maybe I can help you.

The very best shellcracker fishing I had for the entire time I lived down there was on the Noth side of Drayton Island. About mid way down the island there is a small "pocket" and on the right hand side, near the back, there is a shell bottom in about 4 feet of water. The shellcrackers LOVE that place and you should do well in there AND stay out of the wind and rough water. Almost directly across the cut between Drayon Island and Hog Island from that spot is another shell bed that the locals fish a lot.

Best bait? Try red worms or "Georgia Jumpers" fished on the bottom in the shell beds.

The tips above worked for me and I pulled 100s of decent shellcrackers out of those two holes.

If neither of those places work for you--or---the wind wont let you get to them, try the pilings on the North West side of the lake, just South of Drayton Island.

Hope this helps you fill the boat!