Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some opinions on a boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some opinions on a boat.

1997 Lowe170, with a 50HP Johnson 2-stroke, with tilt and trim. I don't have a lot of info. yet, just a few pics., and a brief description. I don't know much about these boats, so was just looking for some info. from someone that has some first hand knowledge. Boat looks like it is in great shape, but haven't seen it in person. Also, if you have any idea what it might be worth, include that too, please. I know there are a lot of variables in the boat's value, but all I know is it has a good trailer with spare tire, a cover, trolling motor, and fish finder, but don't know many details on the accesories. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

is it all welded or rivited? will the owner let you run it? can you have a mechanic check the motor out. i have no idea what it's worth but some of those older boats can be bargins. sounds like that one was well taken care of. the trim an tilt would mean a lot to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I imagine it is all weld, it is designed like a bass boat, not like an open floor jon. I know the ins and outs of buying a boat, I was just looking for some info. from someone that has maybe owned one, or has fished out of one.

Post Thanks / Like

ok. reason i asked if it was all welded or rivets was i knew it had a floor in it and i've seen rivet boats get a leak and the owner not know it for a long time or until rot started under the floor. but you would know how to look for that since you know the ins and outs. i hope you good luck on boat buying.