Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: using crank baits for crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default using crank baits for crappie?

i was reading an article in in-fisherman about using crank baits for crappie. They say its really good for finding fish and determining the mood of the fish, starting with an aggresive approach first and then going to something else if the fish aren't in the aggressive mood. it also said that you can catch larger fish by using cranks. Does anyone use cranks and if so what kind of success or not have u experienced?

Post Thanks / Like

Here's 109 pages of info for you:

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/missi...nks-101-a.html

Post Thanks / Like

DBd your signatures are too funny...
    "Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catch&crisco View Post
    DBd your signatures are too funny...
    Glad you like 'em. I'm just fighting for the rights of "the little guy", the people who've been ignored for too long at Crappie.com. On most fishing forums, groups like the "Transgendered, Left-handed Dentists Who Crappie Fish", the "Cherokee Gynecologists Who Love NASCAR and Spider Rigging", and the "Jewish Jiggers for Jesus" are ignored and even ridiculed. I want Crappie.com to be different. Every demographic group on the planet, no matter how small or bizarre, deserves their own forum. I will not rest until they get it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, use cranks and have had consistent large craps take them. Mostly while trolling for saugeye, will pick up craps and you can bet if you go back to the area where you got the hit and fish it slower there will be other adult craps there. Use mostly rattle-traps. This is in a shallow lake, depth of 5 to 7 feet. Nothing better than to be trolling for eyes and pull in a nice crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I was bass fishing the other day at a small pond at our club and caught one on a 4 inch rapala ! Suprised the heck out of me, I do have a half a dozen small crank baits that I use for crappie but never dreamed one would hit a bait so large.

Post Thanks / Like

Try some bandit crank baits

Post Thanks / Like

We troll crankbaits here all the time in the summer and catch a lot of fish on them. Go to the mississippi crappie fishing forum and read the pulling cranks 101 thread....very useful info. Its a sticky at the top.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    We troll crankbaits here all the time in the summer and catch a lot of fish on them. Go to the mississippi crappie fishing forum and read the pulling cranks 101 thread....very useful info. Its a sticky at the top.

I knew ya'll Ms boyz would hit this! I'm getting rigged up for this in the warmer months, them Ms boyz got there stuff together on this just watch em Thumbs Up
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

We troll cranks in the summer also....bandits are by far the best cranks.....DB4D posted a great link with a ton of good info on it......be careful trolling cranks is addicting....before you know it you will have boxes full of them....

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast