Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: War Eagle Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default War Eagle Boats

Just asking about what you guys think about them vs G3. Looking at the war eagle 1860 with a 4=stroke or the G3 1860 Deluxe with a 4-stroke. Looks like war eagle is built a little stronger and maybe a little more pricery.

I also need a couple names of dealers. The dealer locator goes by zip code. I have a local dealer but does not have any in stock and is thinking about dropping the war eagle line.

Post Thanks / Like

I think either of those 2 would do ya fine. Might have to come down to which dealer has the best reputation for service after the sale. Here is what I found using a couple different zips

Big Wheel Boat & RV Center
    42227 W. I-55 Service Rd
    Hammond, LA 70803
    Phone: 985-345-3252
    Web: Untitled Page
    Email: [email protected]

Bayou Outboards, Inc.
    3710 Robertson St.
    Metairie, LA 70001
    Phone: 504-836-6885
    Email: [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a WE 1860 DSV (with some mods) with a Yam 90 4st. I really like it so far. PM me for more details if needed. G3 was one I was looking at also. When you search for dealers you need to set the distance parameter as well. I think it might go out a couple of hundred miles if I remember right. If nothing else, call Nick at WE and ask him where you can see one.

There ya go, huntinslabs beat me to it, and done it for you.

Post Thanks / Like

There have been discussions on here in the past with some good info and pics, you might search the history here for this topic.

Post Thanks / Like

i bought mine from bill morgan at mississippi marine 800-842-4140. genuinely good guy. best price i found

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I forgot. You can go over to the catfish boys site too. Lots of good aluminum boat discussion there at times for the bigger type aluminums. Duck sites, generally, are talking about smaller water / hole-runner rigs-different animal.

Post Thanks / Like

Id go ware eagle, they have been around for a long time and are great boats! The G3 is way over priced for what you get and is bad at porpoising. If you wanna save a little change look at weldbuilt and south fork both great boats for the money. Id take a weldbuilt over a G3 everyday and would never own a G3.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 1756 side console G3 with a 50hp yamaha on the back of it for over 5 years now and use it to do all kinds of fishing and duck hunting out of. i have never had a problem out of mine except for the ethanol change in gasoline and had to put a micron filter on it to keep ethanol out of motor. but to each his own i think with war eagle you pay for a name. it shouldnt matter anyway cause you will have to use it and modify like you want it. just make sure it is all welded.
    "In fishing it is not how big the worm is, its how much it can wiggle"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkansaskiller View Post
    Id go ware eagle, they have been around for a long time and are great boats! The G3 is way over priced for what you get and is bad at porpoising. If you wanna save a little change look at weldbuilt and south fork both great boats for the money. Id take a weldbuilt over a G3 everyday and would never own a G3.
    Not sure what kind of awful G3 you've used, but I've owned two and been in others that never have had any porpoise issue. May have been your driver... any boat will porpoise if you put your tilt too high. I've seen several war eagles, and been in an 1860 that I didnt really care for. The boat was built solid (same hull thickness) but it was an awkward layout and felt much smalller than a comparable G3... in the 1860, G3 is wider beamed, and that width runs alot more of the length of the boat. The war eagle seemed to have like a 60 inch beam by the time you got to the front pedestal seat and the boat rocked alot easier. Just because it says beam 82" dosnt mean squat... thats just its widest point. The G3's are also now built with front end fuel tanks that let you get up and go alot faster instead of riding a wheely... great if your ever in skinny water or have alot of battery and person weight toward the stern. Both have good rides when on plane and will get any job you need done... Just felt like the layout of the G3 was much more open and stable. Xpress is another good brand you may look into.

Post Thanks / Like

To each his own, Ill never be in one :D.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast